1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

endpins that work

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by NpinNic, Apr 12, 2018.

1. NpinNic

NpinNic

Apr 12, 2018
    I know there are a few bass players out there with my end pins from a few years ago. I recently built a new website: N-Pin - Endpins That Work - Durable and Easy to Use for Bass and Cello and am back in business. I would love to hear what bass players are thinking about in regards to their endpins. Issues, problems, endpins that work, anything worth mentioning.

MDrost1 and Ed Fuqua like this.
  2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Looks good. Any concern with the magnet affecting pickups, preamps, floor effect pedals on stage, and equipment stored near the endpin in a car?

3. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    I would doubt that. The mag pickup is far away from the endpin ball, and not many people use them anyway. Magnetism won't affect electronics, and it would have to be pretty strong top grab steel things nearby.

Looks like really carefully planned and executed product!

4. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Just asking as this is on the N Pin site, "Warning: Keep credit or bank cards and electronic devices at least 30 cm (12") away from the Rubber Tip Protector. The rubber tip features a rare earth permanent magnet which can damage electronic and magnetic devices if they get too close to it."

5. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Interesting. I can't imagine there being anything vulnerable in a preamp or effects pedal. Bank cards for sure, though.

6. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works, Honey Badger Pickups, Westone Audio
    Credit cards and magnetic hard drives are the most susceptible to failure by strong magnetic field, but most electronic devices, including modern solid state drives, are ok. However, if you're unsure what's in the device, err on the safe side and keep the magnet clear.

On another note, I like the cam-lock concept on these. It works great on bicycle seat tubes, so it would be plenty strong for a DB.

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Looks like what Jed Kriegel is installing on his basses....

8. neddyrow

neddyrow Captain of Team Orange Jacket Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    i have an axiom endpin on my upton that is similar to your design.

i too like the cam lock feature as well. the issue i have had is with the magnet. don't get me wrong it is super strong! but it still pops off now and again. i've almost lost it in the loading and unloading process. i started taking it off except when playing.

now i have superglued the ball end on. i rarely use the pin feature so i decided to glue it on for piece of mind.

my advice is to make it a locking mechanism over the magnet. also maybe just a ball end version without the removable ball/pin option.

9. letrabass

letrabass

May 2, 2017
    The Bender Endpins are getting a great reputation for its ability to accentuate resonance and ease of use!! Plus the possibility of different materials and thicknesses is a plus!!!
    They are super practical!!