1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Energy/caffiene pills

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BillytheBassist, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I was curious to see what everyones take on energy pills are. I've been taking them for a few weeks to help me stay motivated with my unreal list of s**t to do. I work 12 to 14 hour days in the oilfield, and ontop of that i'm in the middle of remodeling my home and doing most of the work myself. Sometimes i find it pretty hard to get into construction work after my long day of intense manual labor in the heat. My wife is giving me hell about taking the pills but, i'm only taking them as advised on the package. The pills i'm taking are called "stackers". I'd like to hear some opinions from other folks who have taken or are currently taking them now.
    Thanks, B

2. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    I took some no-doze when I got tired on my 24hr drive...I stopped ingesting caffeine a couple of weeks before the trip so I could get more out of caffeine during the trip.

It was a kick in the pants 10-15min after taking them..They lasted about 4-5hrs after taking them.

3. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Plain caffeine pills got me through some exams in high school. They made me very sick though. Especially if you combine them with energy drinks. My stomach was literally making tons of audible noise and I felt horrible.

Don't make a habit out of it... but they are definitely good for crunch time situations.

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Caffeine can cause abnormal heartbeats and cause it to beat faster and harder. This is not very good for it, combined with intense stress, such as working all day then doing more work afterwards. The best thing to do would probably to back off a little on the pills and get some sleep, if that's at all possible.

5. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    The NoDoz and Stacker crap is just nasty. Gives you that edgy feeling like you've been up all night doing xxxx drug and haven't eaten or slept in many hours. I drank a 5-hour Energy not too long ago, and it was allright. There were many vitamins to go along with the excessive amounts of caffiene and taurine (I think taurine), and I felt awake without feeling like crap.

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    The groaning of the stomache.. ah yes the sign of too much caffeine.

But yeah I use em all the time during exams/late night study sessions. I just don't use it when I don't have to..

7. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love 5-hour energy... no caffiene, no sugar

Redline is really good too... more of a weightloss supplement, though

8. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    It's got "about as much caffiene as a cup of coffee."

9. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    A lot of weight loss stuff is supposed to accelerate your metabolism which can give a good boost. I absolutely wouldn't make a habit of it and if you're working hard, stressed out, constantly not getting enough sleep etc. lay off the pills a while and let your body recuperate. The stuffs not good for you but if used wisely you should be fine.

10. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    None of that for me, plxthnxbye.

It feels like a crutch and after a while you depend on it. Then it loses its potency and you are back to where you started from.

Some days I am REALLY tired, but I still pull through. I just half-ass whatever it is I am doing. :)

11. B Complex and folic acid keep me going. I've tried energy drinks and they make me feel like crap. More that a little caffiene makes me to shaky to do my work :hyper:

12. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Quit pills a long time ago.

When you take them and get strange pains and read about guys your age heart-attacking away....it changes a lot.
    Any stimulants require extreme carefulness esp. when one gets older.

We are missing one bassist in particular due to stimulant use gone bad.

Tons of vitamins, whey protein powder, and Amino Fuel help through the times stuff like 5 hr energy and maybe Monster(ton o sugar) get used. If we play really late, I may drink a Doubleshot during the ride home(93 miles or so).

+1 to the other stuff making one feel "used up" like an all-nighter of ...............

13. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I just finished doing some yard work and then some tile work in the bathroom... i am feelin a little strung out. I guess i'll take it easy on the pills... i usually drink about a pot of coffee in the a.m. so i guess that should do. Thanks for the opinions.. i'll be glad when im finally finished with the house renovation. I was supposed to take it easy on sundays but, since sat and sundays are the only full days i have to do the extra work i figure i should take advantage.