1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Engelardt M3 1/4 Size Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Palindrome, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

Nov 12, 2016
    Price:
    $500
    Strings:
    I've got this little upright that I just don't use. I know very little about upright basses and can just barely play them. This one is well-worn, but sounds good. It's a very pretty blond color. It certainly needs new strings and a professional setup. I paid $1000 for it used, and will part with it for $500. On top of that, I'll drive it anywhere in Florida.

EDIT: Forgot to mention some things:

Bass comes with stand, bow (it's not a great one), rosin, and an oversized bass bag.

There is a seam right around where the neck meets the body that suggests this instrument's neck may have been broken off and then reattached at some point in its lifetime. I didn't even notice until someone at Sam Ash pointed it out. If it WAS broken, whoever repaired it did a fantastic job.

s-l1600.

s-l1600.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    jmain likes this.
  2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Made by whom? DOH! Englehardt!

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! And I'll be coming to Ocala for 2 weeks in two weeks.

PM coming to you.

dcr

3. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Is this still available?

4. Rick Whiting

Rick Whiting

Jan 19, 2019
    Is this bass sold?

5. Palindrome

Palindrome

Nov 12, 2016
    Nope, still going.

6. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Man, exactly what I've been looking for but not close. Grew up in FLA and lived close to Ocala. GLWTS and wish I was in on that!