1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

engelhardt upright for sale: better than new

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by timsway, Jul 24, 2003.

1. timsway

timsway

Oct 1, 2002
    wallingford ct
    model ec-1, 3/4 (full) size. better than new condition because it's been set up and has brand new thomastik spirocore medium strings on it.

i bought it new in mid may and have only gigged with it a few times. the only reason i'm selling is because i just got an old kay bass and, due to the size of my house, one of the three of us has to move out. sorry engelhardt.

these sell for about $1000 w/ a really bad factory setup and really bad factory strings. the new strings on it go for $100ish. so again, this is better than new for $850.

there is only one flaw in the finish, a mark smaller than 1/8" by 1/4."

very warm, round, dark tone. pretty loud, too.

would prefer not to ship it but will if buyer pays for professional packing and freight.

i am willing to drive a couple hours from torrington, ct., to deliver, meet half way, etc.

feel free to e-mail me questions and i could e-mail pics to serious buyers.

tim
    tim@musicof3.com

2. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

got any takers yet?

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Tim,
    I'm Gassing for an upright... but can't swing it yet.
    I drank WAY too much coffee... WAY too late.

so here I am bored @ 4am, too wired too sleep & too spent to jam, clicking WWW links of TBer's

WOW, I really dig the live 3 stuff! Too bad the sound didn't catch on, y'all had something!

the solo stuff is pretty happening too :bassist:

....ok, back to the regularly scheduled classified ad, take it away Tim!

4. timsway

timsway

Oct 1, 2002
    wallingford ct
    jim: the bass is still for sale. it's in the bed and i'm sleeping on the floor ;-)

speddling: glad someone digs three! that looks like a pretty sweet 5 string, btw.

cheers,
    tim

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Thanks for the tunes! I'll be in touch about getting your CDs in the near future. I was listening to the mp3s again this morning.

Thanks, I can't get enough of my bass. I'm ordering another this winter.

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Can you email me a pic, and the specs/details.

Edit: I checked the specs on Bob Gollihurs site,
    I might be interested depending on price.
    Is it still available?

Thanks

Thor

But, there is always a way ...

7. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Hi tim - what kind of old kay did you buy and why do you like the engelhart better? I am just curious, as I have an old kay and have been wondering how it would be different than a new Engelhart.

thanks...erik

8. timsway

timsway

Oct 1, 2002
    wallingford ct
    thor, e-mail me privately for pics etc. (tim@musicof3.com)
    you can hear a soundclip of the engelhardt at www.musicof3.com/ubclip.mp3

erik, i do like my kay (a 56 concert series better than the engelhardt, which is why the engie is going.)

the new bass is a great bass, don't get me wrong, and sounds sweet, but there's something about holding an old piece of wood that just does it for me ;-)!!

tim

9. rockness

rockness

Jul 30, 2003
    Stratford, CT
    Just posting a follwup on this thread, I got the bass baby! It's great, and as advertised, better than new. Tim is a nice guy, very cool to chat with, I couldn't thank him enough.