Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

England are out of the World Cup....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass87, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Oh no! Damn that Zimbabwean rain! If only England did not concede to Zimbabwe. If only Michael Bevan did not exist. If only. And Hussain resigns! Whos going to be the next poor soul thrust into the captaincy?

Ill now let the Australian Tbers duly boast. I need a nap

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I'm not very interested in cricket but why are England soooo rubbish ?

3. Damn Aussies ;). That game was in the bag, and then Bevan and Bichel just step up and smack them all over the place. Sure, they conceded against Zimbabwe, and Zimbabwe's last match got rained, but that match against Australia was their biggest chance to qualify. Ah well, its twice as embarrasing for host nation South Africa.... :p:D.

I reckon they should let Vaughan have a shot at the captaincy next. Or anyone else, as long as they don't go back to Alec Stewart.

4. Do not even think of making Vaughn your captain.

I think half of your problems are your selectors. You always pick all rounders and they hardly ever perform well and you dont turn over your old players. I remember when you had micheal Gatting and Graham Gooch in the team a few years ago and they were around or over 40.

I dont know who is captain material but you dont want to ruin your best batsmen with that burden.

By the way ditch Caddick, let Tudor play, if you get rid of the old guys you will have a good team in about 2 years cos I saw a lot of potential when you were in Oz for the summer.

I will never get over the hilarity of Sth Africa's exit.

5. Hey, at least they are not the Canadian squad

6. What? AGAIN?
    :D

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ...I thought he was on about football :oops:

Im no sports fan really :'O(

8. Rugby teams not tooooo bad .

9. Im worried about Vaughans batting too.You look at Tendulkar and Lara and how their batting was affected by the captaincy. The only person seemingly unaffected is Steve Waugh, and Vaughan isnt in his class......yet:D

I agree the main problem is our selectors. Ronni Irani. Enough said:rolleyes: