English Muff'n durability

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dash Rantic, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    This may be a stupid question, might not be, but I'm really curious. Since the Muff'n has glass tubes inside it, how durable is this thing? Can it stand to be knocked around a bit without the tubes breaking?

I ask because I've finally decided to go for a high-end distortion unit, nothing lower-end I've tried I've liked, and I like all the Muff'n soundclips I've heard.

The thing I'm worried about is that it'd probably be knocked around a bit in my dorm room, and I wouldn't want the tubes my new $200 effect shattering... If that would be a problem, I'd probably just try and find something solid-state.

-Dash

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    EnglishMuffnFS004.gif

1/2 the tubes are within the housing of the pedal, and the guard is really sturdy, and covers the tubes well IMO. I've knocked mine around a bit and never had problems.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021