Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

English People

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mark_palmer17, Nov 12, 2002.

1. is there any one to chat to from england i live in Peterborough just seeing where the range of people are from.

2. Born and raised in Street, Somerset and now living in Southampton :)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

There are quite few and 6 or 7 of us from the South East actually met up at the Bass Centre last week!! ;)

4. Bred and spread in Manchester here :D

5. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    i once circled the roundabout in peterborough in front of the market there about 4 times. it was the only time in my 6 years in england i actually experienced the "niaive driver does 4 times around the roundabout in fear" thing, and he was a brit too. was hilarious.

lived in london for 6 years, but unfortunately haven't been back since 96. wish i could move back there, i really miss jolly ole england.

6. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Yes......

7. Bruce Lindfield

If everybody filled out their profiles (hint,hint ;) ) - and sensibly - then we would know who was based in England, just by looking to the left!

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hampshire, UK here

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    him im in england, right on the east coast, at the seaside town of Scarborough (joy :rolleyes: ).

We brits should organise some kind of a bass-convention, itd probably be good, and im sure theres plenty of great bassists in england, and on hear.

10. And from the land of Robin Hood..............

John

11. Not everyone feels the need or inclination to do so......:D

12. Hmmm, Scarborough. Love that place.

John

13. That is , fill out thier profiles.I'm a lazy man(or boy) and I just couldn't be bothered.

Ahhh Scarborough , land of dreams and plenty :) , love it.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"English People
    is there any one to chat to from england i live in Peterborough just seeing where the range of people are from."

All you have to do is ask!

15. Bruce Lindfield

Well - how lazy can you be - it takes a few minutes and only needs doing once!

It would probably take less time than the three post in this thread took! :rolleyes:

So - if you ever need any help - then why should we be bothered to reply?

16. Bruce Lindfield

Well - as I said - there were a large number of bassists at the Bass Centre in Wapping for the Steve Lawson/Michael Manring clinic last Thursday.

CS - Chris has tried to organise a get-together before as well, but there wasn't enough people to make it worth while......probably couldnt be bothered! ;)

17. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    As I've mentioned, I'm probably coming up to the UK in mid-December. I'll probably be in the Haywards Heath area for much of the time but I am hoping to get to London and Brighton at the very least.

18. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Im in london....

*coughhackchoketodeath*

19. Oh OKAY THEN !!! I'LL GO AND FILL IN MY DAMN PROFILE !!!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS !!!

:D

Only kidding.

The thing is , I've been trying to register on this site for god knows how long , and I've filled out profiles that many times that the words have lost all meaning :mad:

Those activation e-mails just didn't turn up :rolleyes:

And now back to our featured topic.

20. Bruce.........

Is that a copy of the score of my latest composition, I see you learning from in the photo?

:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

John