Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

english stores

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    are there any english online stores like www.music123.com that have good prices to order basses from?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
  4. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  5. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    um the thomann one and the musik-produktiv didnt work and the other ones were way more expensive than the other site (the american one) but thanks any way, any more?

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

The Thomann site should be www.thomann.de (this works)

Also, beware of American sites seeming cheaper!! You have to pay much more for shipping - for example Thomann only charge you £15 per shipment (not per item, per shipment so if you order 1 bassm shipping is £15, if you order 2 at the same time, shipping is still £15!)

Also, if you order from a US site, you will have to pay import duty on anything costing over £18 - as Germany is in the EU, VAT etc is already included in the price!

So be careful when comparing prices, as duty/VAT is not normally included in the US prices!

7. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    i found another american site www.musiciansfriend.com and i found my bass in the same colour and everythin for cheaper and the shipping is free. how can i tell how much VAT is?

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's because they have dots behind the address.. www.musik-produktiv.de , www.thomann.de - these should work better.

Also, Johnny is right on the import stuff. When you order stuff over the Atlantic, you have to pay much for shipping, and also tolls and VAT. In Finland, VAT+tolls are around 25% of the items price and I hear that in England they are even more! Also the shipping for large items could be something like £100 or more.

Oh, and MF doesen't sell outside US, nor ship for free.

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    17.5% of the value of the item as far as I know!

I could be wrong - check out www.hmce.co.uk for info!

10. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Don't even think about it,
    You'll have to pay something like 10% Import duty and whatever the shipping is to the U.K. (It WONT be free - probably around £80 + insurance).
    AND 17.5% V.A.T on the total of purchase price PLUS import duty PLUS Shipping.
    I.E.
    If its say £500 in the States by the time you get it It'll cost you £765!!!

11. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    OK :( :oops: I've found it on the german site but itsa bit more expensive although i suppose it'd work outat about £100 less!
    thanx :cool:

12. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    What kind of bass are you after?
    I work right near Wembley guitar centre and some of their prices are the best I've seen in the U.K.
    I was planning to go there lunchtime anyway - maybe I could take a look for you?

13. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    i was after a warwick corvette rockbass, preferably in blue. thanx a lot m8, if you could pm me or email me the prices if you go that would be a lot of help

:) :) :cool: :)

14. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi Fishbrain,
    Well, they do everything but Warwick (Fender ,G&L,Musicman etc etc) But the guy there (Dave) reckons they will be doing Warwicks in the next month or so.
    It might be worth giving him a ring 0208 900 9090

15. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    thanx alot m8 i wil do, i'm takin a drive up to manchester with my dad on sunday if u know of any places there?

16. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    hey its oke now, i ordered my new WARWICK CORVETTE ROCKBASS today :D:D it should be here in bout a week in shiny blue stain
    thanx a lot every1 anyway