Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Enhance button?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have a Bassman 60 and there is a little button that is called "Enhance". I've always had it pushed in because I figured, hey enhanced must be better. But lately I've been toying around with it off. Now I notice the difference soundwise, but what technically does this button do? I mean, it just seems to general... an enhance button.

2. It's probably an SWR-style mid-scoop, bass/treble-boost button.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Makes sense. I'm thinking I gotta keep this button in mind for gigging. With it off I get a great growly midrange sound, outta help me cut through better which has been a complaint by my uncle "the frontman." He wants me to have a punchier sound... this will definatly help. I sound very Rickenbacherish.

Also a while back, I decided that I was going to learn "Portrait of Tracy" but discovered I couldn't sound the last harmonic. So I decided, without the end harmonic what's the point? So I gave up. With the enhance button off I can hit it. You know what this means... :eek:

4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i have a bassman25, and i usually play with the enhance button on. I can get a really fat tone for slapping, and a lot of other things. but with a pick, i usually play with it off.