1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Enhance button?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have a Bassman 60 and there is a little button that is called "Enhance". I've always had it pushed in because I figured, hey enhanced must be better. But lately I've been toying around with it off. Now I notice the difference soundwise, but what technically does this button do? I mean, it just seems to general... an enhance button.

2. It's probably an SWR-style mid-scoop, bass/treble-boost button.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Makes sense. I'm thinking I gotta keep this button in mind for gigging. With it off I get a great growly midrange sound, outta help me cut through better which has been a complaint by my uncle "the frontman." He wants me to have a punchier sound... this will definatly help. I sound very Rickenbacherish.

Also a while back, I decided that I was going to learn "Portrait of Tracy" but discovered I couldn't sound the last harmonic. So I decided, without the end harmonic what's the point? So I gave up. With the enhance button off I can hit it. You know what this means... :eek:

4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i have a bassman25, and i usually play with the enhance button on. I can get a really fat tone for slapping, and a lot of other things. but with a pick, i usually play with it off.