1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Enjoyable Ad Campaigns

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 6, 2010.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I generally ignore/dislike most ads, but there are a few I don't get tired of. Current ones I like are the wordings on backs Snickers wrappers and the Old Spice ads directed by Tim & Eric. Any others come to mind?

2. The Volkswagen, "Un-pimp Your Ride" ads come to mind. Oh snap!

3. V DUB in da' HOOOUUUUSSE!

4. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania

5. The "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, Guys?"
    I haven't seen their show, but it looks funny. That would explain why the old spice commercials are so hilarious. I'm on a horse

6. I love the string of Jack in the Box commercials we've been getting.

7. The show sucks imo, but the commercials are hilarious... wierd.

8. Porkbun

Porkbun

Mar 10, 2010
    Stamford, CT
    I loved the Google superbowl commercial

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Real Men of Genius campaign from Bud Light.

10. DANG! I was just going to say that!

Here's a link to the website: http://budlight.whipnet.com/

Enjoy!

11. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    the dos equis 'most interesting man in the world' makes me laugh all the time

...almost 'chuck norris' facts in a way...that man is awesome!

12. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have been searching for a clip of this, with no luck--but one of my fave commercials ever was an old one for Pepto Bismol in the UK.

There are two fishermen in a very small boat, lost far out at sea, with no sail or motor. Each is sitting at opposite ends of the dinghy, just looking at each other. The sun sets, the sun rises, they're still sitting there bobbing in the ocean. Again the sun sets, the sun rises, and they're still sitting there. The sun sets, then rises again, and now only one of them is there in the boat.

Calm, deep announcer voice: "Pepto Bismol--for when you've eaten something you shouldn't have."

13. I liked the Miller High Life Man commercials from the late 90's...here's a link to a bunch of them end-to-end:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1361925869091233043#

I really like the 3rd one: "...potato salad, egg salad, macaroni salad...otherwise, NO SALAD."

My all-time fave starts at 8:30 into the set....

14. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Old Spice have been putting out some very funny commercials for the last little while...

15. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    definitely.

16. There have been a few great Molsen Canadian commercials in the past and present.

Old one:

17. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I love the ESPN "SportsCenter" promos, even though technically they're not ads. They've been consistently great for years!

18. The Energizer battery commercials before they started with the stupid drumming rabbit. Featuring Jacko, the manic Aussie. "Oi!!!"

19. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I get a kick out of the Castrol motor oil sludge ads.

20. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    Coca Cola

Supremes (with Jamerson?):

There's a lot more....