Enjoying the low side

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Lone Strang, Feb 21, 2006.

1. The Lone Strang

The Lone Strang

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey all, I have lurked around here for about 6 months or so, asked lots of stupid questions, and gave some lame attempts to answer some others.

Well in early Jan. I took the plunge and bought an SX jazz bass clone. I teach high school and the drama dept. needed someone to play bass for the musical Grease.

Well, it has been years since I touched a bass ( I am usually playing my acoustic guitar), but I went to rehearsal and plunged in.

To make a long story short, I had a ball. I had forgotten how much fun that low thump that is part tone and part percussion feels.

Lots of parents and kids said that they enjoyed the bass lines.

And, as a bonus, my 17 year old son has now decided to let me teach him some bass stuff. In just a few days he is playing the bass line from "Dazed and Confused" and playing along with me on "Boulvd of Broken Dreams."

So, thanks all for the encouragement, answers, and just general inspiration to "walk the low side."
  2. bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi man!

I'm not a big "answering-machine" around here, but I do love this forum and it's "no bull"-policy. :bassist:

Nice that you pciked up the bass, I'll never feel at home anywhere else then in the low-end...

Keep it up! Peace... ;)