Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

enough dollar$ for a combo???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toolfanhere, Aug 25, 2000.

1. toolfanhere

toolfanhere

Aug 17, 2000
    i need an amp in two days because i'm trying out for a couple bands. Right now the combo i use is only a practice amp so it doesnt provide much of anything. My question is, is 200 dollars enough to buy a combo that can produce enough sound to fill small clubs etc. p.s. about how much money would i need to buy a decent set of cabinet,head,etc.

dan

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you need an amp in 2 days, your going to have to try to find something local. For $200 you can probably get a used Peavey or Crate 15" combo (if there's one available in your area). You should be able to get by with a 15" combo in small/medium sized clubs. I used a Peavey TNT 115s for a couple of years. Good luck.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I think you'll be ok in small clubs only.If you play in a band that has any volume to it in a medium club you're going to struggle to be heard clearly.If the band is fairly low volume you might be fine.Good luck.