1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

enough dollar$ for a combo???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toolfanhere, Aug 25, 2000.

1. toolfanhere

toolfanhere

Aug 17, 2000
    i need an amp in two days because i'm trying out for a couple bands. Right now the combo i use is only a practice amp so it doesnt provide much of anything. My question is, is 200 dollars enough to buy a combo that can produce enough sound to fill small clubs etc. p.s. about how much money would i need to buy a decent set of cabinet,head,etc.

dan

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you need an amp in 2 days, your going to have to try to find something local. For $200 you can probably get a used Peavey or Crate 15" combo (if there's one available in your area). You should be able to get by with a 15" combo in small/medium sized clubs. I used a Peavey TNT 115s for a couple of years. Good luck.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I think you'll be ok in small clubs only.If you play in a band that has any volume to it in a medium club you're going to struggle to be heard clearly.If the band is fairly low volume you might be fine.Good luck.