1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Enough? GK 700RB-MKII + Ampeg SVT410HLF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sgurd, Apr 11, 2006.

Will they deliver?

Poll closed May 1, 2006.
  1. Sure!

49 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. Naah. You'll run outta headroom in no time.

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. sgurd

sgurd

Apr 7, 2006
    Hiya!

Whaddya guys & gals think, would a GK 700 RB-MKII and an Ampeg svt410HLF put out enough volume for mid-size club gigs with a loud drummer & two guitarists with 60 w tube amps? Experiences?

I've tested the GK and liked its tone, but I tried it with an Ampeg 1x15 and it wasn't overly loud even when dimed - louder than an SVT3pro, but anyway...

Sure I'd love to test the setup with my band and figure it out myself, but 'round here I'm afraid it's not possible.

Let me know what you think!

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have played that very setup at medium to large clubs.
    The 700 rb is very loud. If you think you need more, go for the 1001 rb ii for only a little more.
    It is the same sounding amp with more power.

danman

3. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    should work.

4. Peg_legs

Peg_legs

Nov 19, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    You must trust anyone named Scuba Steve:D

5. I don't know how much you're spending on the 700RB-II but you can get one for about $600 from Rmcaudio.com

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Actualy i believe you can get the 1001rb-II for very very little more.

7. UtBDan

UtBDan

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    about 150 more.

8. yea it would be a great set up, but it would do no harm saving the extra $150 for a head with lot more power, which you may not need in the end, but its always nice to have.

9. It could have been the 700RB-II, but almost positive it was the 1001RB-II for $600

10. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    No, actually about 0 more. :smug:

Contact RMC Audio and get a price quote...

11. mobax

mobax Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    the 1001RB is not much more than the 700RB or you can find a used 1001RB on Ebay for a good price. If you like GK, the 1001 is all you will ever need.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I believe they quote the 1001rb-II for 600 right, so the 700 must be cheaper than that.

13. FuManChu

FuManChu

Mar 3, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Get the 1001RB, you won't be sorry. I just got mine about a month ago and couldn't be more happy. You will have no problem with headroom, and if you do it will be a lack of speakers not a lack of amp headroom. You could push an 8x10 very comfortably with this amp.