Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

enough head power?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rynkc26, Nov 16, 2004.

1. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    well i got a new ampeg svt pro 3 amp and it is lovely. i run a mxr m-80 pedal throught it w/ another graphic eq pedal from boss. since i got that all outta the way, i put it all on top of my old cab that ive had for 8 months that i got used at a pawn shop. a peavey tvx 810 cab to be exact and i have no idea how old it is. well ive had probs w/ the cab such as a speaker or two sounds like the wireing is loose and ive had it trip w/ just a behringer 3000t head. im also gettin too much feedback and distortion so say the least and some of it did die down when i got the new ampeg head. and what bothers me is that i have to have my m-80 pedal on just to get some thump from the cab. all in all im thinkin of gettin a new cab (ampeg 412HE replacing the peavey) and was wondering would i have the same prob w/ my peavey cab or is it just my head that doesnt have enough power to juice the cabs properly since they are both rated at 400rms and 800 peak. and i know the ampeg is rated at 450 rms so it sounds like i shouldnt have a prob.
    i dunno just needs some opinions here.
    thanks
    ry

2. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    o yea and i forgot to ask if anyone thinks the ampeg 412he cab would go perfectly w/ the svt pro 3.