Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Enough TB members to fill a stadium

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by volumefiend, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Well, there are ~30,000 TB members. We should rent out a stadium and have a TB MEGAGIG or something. Or we could rent out a private racetrack and kart around. :hyper:

What would you guys do if there were the Great Talkbass 30,000 GTG? What would you want to do. Where would we do it? Who would bring the chips, and who would bring the salsa?

2. Well, if the companies didn't donate it all, I think JT could pawn a few basses to finance that :p

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    what would you wear!?

i'm assuming there's room to bring all basses.

4. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    A sock...that's it.

and it'd be on one of my feet.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The number is fairly misleading, in that, many members have multiple accounts, consciously or accidentally(lost password to one), also, many members have created new accounts just to change their names. Additionally, there are hundreds maybe thousands of SPAM accounts created all the time.

Then, in addition to that, there are thousands of inactive accounts that people create but never use...etc.

Sure TB is still a big community, but it's not 30,000 big, active members are probably 1-2 thousand tops. (though it feels more like 3-5 hundred)

6. OK...~25-7,000 big. And yes, there would be room for ALL basses, INCLUDING all of JT's.

We would ALL wear some sort of bass paraphernalia to get in to the GTG. You can't if you don't.

Also, NAMETAGS with your TB name.

And last but not least, we'd have to thank Paul for giving away free TB hoodies to the first thousand that come. Thanks Paul!

7. Okay, I second the motion for the pawning of JT's basses!

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    ok count me out :help:

9. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    There are really only 3 people on TB.

10. Ericman197

Ericman197