Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Enough with the BG Forum!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Funkize you, May 27, 2004.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Well, after a short time here, I have decided that I dont really need to hang around the BG forum anymore, I mean there's nothing there but the Basses category, and its just a bunch of idiots asking if they should switch to a 5 string bass, or which 5 string to choose...

In MSC. these people keep talking about how wrong it is to switch to a 5 string before you "Master the 4 string" then it get's like 400 replies, 50 of them are like "Right on dewd, thats towtally trew" and the Rest are Like "What, you cant master the 4 string, What about anthoney jackson...." then the initial poster will say something about some bass hero that he agree's with (You guys seem to like him) something like... "The bass isnt a Key board---Ron Carter".

So I think im done with all that crap, there is almost nothing of any use there, just people showing pic's of there basses 'n stuff...

Good Times

-Tim.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:p

you're just jealous ;)

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Right on dewd. ;) You'll come back to BG eventually.

What was the reason for this thread?

:bassist:

4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    We'll see how long this lasts... heh heh heh. :cool:

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I agree in a way - but really, which forum anything is in, is irrelevant - as I only ever use the "New Posts" function, browse through the titles of threads and choose what to look at that way. I never hang around in a particular forum or part of the site.

Having said that, I do find that I post less and less in BG and the areas that interest me are more in DB-land - but that's probably because over the last 5 years or so, I've seen it all before, as regards BG stuff .......

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

7. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Yeah, you guys are stuck with me!

I will drop by the BG forum rarely, but like I said, there is nothing of any use there.

8. The DB side is like a nice jazz "listening room" and the BG side is like a college bar IMHO.

9. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    That depends on the use needed [some people have the need to talk endlessly about Sadowski], I have noticed that I am spending less time over there [other then off topic], it just seems like the same thing over and over again.

10. Bruce Lindfield

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, it's always good to remember that once we were young, ignorant and asking stupid questions, too.

Loosen up - and enjoy the good bits.

12. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002

13. Bruce Lindfield

I'm not so sure either - I've always been able to spell - and I'm sure my grammar was actually better, when I was 11 or 12 years old than it is now!! ;)

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hey, you know what I mean. ;)

My written English is better than that of most native speakers, too. :p

15. Go away! :spit:

16. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    ...My written English is better than that of most native speakers, too. :p[/QUOTE]

I've been reading TB for a while now (though posting rarely) and I have to say that I'm highly impressed (and intimidated) by how well posters from non-English speaking countries post in English. I swear that your English and many others is far better than what I hear at work on a daily basis.

It makes me realize I'm no longer young but plenty stupid enough to still be learning! :)

Ron

17. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Don't mince words, WARMBUTTOCKS...tell us what you really feel.

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK. Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

19. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
    :hyper: