Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

enter sandman

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by metalsmack, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, does anyone know how to play enter sandman by metallica. I know everything but whats after the solo. I got the book Legendary Licks but it does not tell me what to play after the solo. And I have not found a website yet that tells the order to play it so it does not help me out any.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I would advise you to listen to the record very carefully several times, then attempt to map out the song. Draw a diagram of intro, verse, bridge, chorus, verse, solo, verse, chorus, repeats, outro , or however the song is constructed. Once you have a clear picture of exactly what is happening when, it will be easier to figure out what goes on after the solo.

If doing that still leaves you mystified, there are several books of complete sheet music from the Metallica Black album, including one written just for the bass. It is written in both standard notation and tab.

I have the book, in fact, but I am in the process of moving,so most of my bass books are packed away or I'd be glad to tell you what goes on in the song.

3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    :rolleyes:

if my hearing isn't too f*cked from standing next to an incompetent drummer's crash 24/7, and assuming you're referring to the part where James is doing the whole spoken-word thing ("hush little baby .." etc.), then it's really extremely simple. so simple in fact that all you have to do is LISTEN! USE THAT GODDAMN EAR! :mad:

after solo - 3:18

E|-0-0-0-0-0-0-...|

until 3:41 where the interlude modulates to F#, and all Jason does to emphasize this is thump the root note.

E|-2-2-2-2-2-2-...|

of course he chucks in a few rhythmic variations (you'd have to, to keep yourself from falling asleep), but i'm sure you can pick those up. easy stuff. embrassed yet? :p :D

4. Embarrassed* No im not Embarrassed. Are you Embarrassed yet. Yeah I knew it was either the intro riff or the verse riff. But i now have the song down from a website that had the whole song down. But anyways im not Embarrassed. Have i made my point yet. If i use me ears you got to use a dictionary next time, if your going to try to Embarrass some one.

But Boplicity, i did that a bunch of times but i wanted to be sure i had the right thing to play.

5. nothing to see here... tones, check your PM...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.