Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Entering the 6-string world...woo hoo!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pd_5string, Jul 25, 2002.

1. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Well, after stalking this bass for about a year now, and seeing it go through the last Bass NW clearance sale unscathed, I finally decided to make my move:

Zon Sonus Custom VI
    List: 3895
    Paid: 2250

link:

http://bassnw.com/New Exotic Basses/zon_sonus_custom_6_st.htm

Anyone recommend a good 6-string bass chord book (or a book that gives a notable mention to chord shapes/variations for the 6'er?)

2. I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up that bass! If I had the cash, I probably would have jumped on it. I'm glad to see that bass go to TB's head Zonbie, though. :D

3. nice bass dude :)

<br>i was considering buying that very same bass myself actually a couple of months back but i picked up a mike lull instead... how's it play and sound?

4. Great lookin' bass, PD. Love that Claro top.

And, just think how EASY that 6 will be to play! ;)

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    "Zon Sonus V, Zon Sonus Custom V, Zon Sonus Custom V fretless, (2x) Zon custom IV" + Zon Sonus Custom VI ...

So, how do you like them Zon basses? ;)

Funny coincidence, I was browsing the BassNW web just half an hour ago and admired this bass. I'm shopping for something new but haven't decided quite what I want. Congratulations, I'm a bit envious! :)

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've played that bass! If I had the money and need, I would've gotten it months ago. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Congrats, that's an amazing bass!

7. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Sheet, I just called Zon for some strings and he told me about another AMAZING 6 string bass that he actually built out of the original wood I asked him to get for me about a year ago for another bass that I had ironically wanted, but had to cancel for financial reasons...he has it, it is built, and ready to go (I won't describe it b/c it sounds absolutely amazing, we are talking "make sure you have a mop nearby" bass...

I MAY have to stop the order at Bass NW...is there anyone that would take this bass at this price now in case I cancel the order, so I can at least help Bass NW out?

Damn Damn Damn!!!

8. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Anders, I may cancel this order...would you be willing to give a call and pick it up for the same price? I don't want to screw Bass NW b/c they did come down in price for me...

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    pd_5string, thanks for the offer, but I'm not ready for six strings yet, I'm strictly 5-strings. It's a good price though, perhaps someone else here will jump on the offer.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    pd.. i have to say, i applaud your concern over going back on the sale at BNW, that says tons about your nature..
    but you should really get what you want and if you havent paid for it yet.. hey, im a dealer.. i ve had cats go back and change their minds.. its you right, bro.

11. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    I paid for it already...developing...

12. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    congrats that things a beast!

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    ok, a bit more complicated, but theres a return policy, no??

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I seriously considered that bass a few months ago when I added another fretted six to my arsenal. Ultimately, I went for the Roscoe with LED's and am very happy. But that bass will make someone very happy, too! Whoever ends up with it.

15. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    [​IMG]

*Homer voice on*
    mmmmmmmm, Roscoe.......[​IMG]

*Homer voice on*

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I remember their was a thread about a Bass NW return. From what I remember, Bass NW hold on to your money for a month if you deceide to do a return.

I'm not sure if that policy still stands, though. The only reason I'm mentioning it is if you need a deposit on the new Zon, it won't be the money returned from Bass NW.

You'll still get your money back.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    IIRC it still stands, it's now posted on their website.

18. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey, that's another cool Roscoe 6 I lucked up on recently!

19. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Sounds like the new Zon is your destiny. Tell BassNW the situation and they should respond positively. Just be upfront with them. Tell them their Zon 6 is getting good play now on TB. This should plant a seed in their mind that an unreasonable response may not be good for business.