Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Entire music stoor from the 80s auctioned off!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    so im loking through the pappers on friday night and see an add in the papper for "Robersons auction house" auctioning off an entire ,music stoor from the 80's which had stuff from 50s to 80s. it closed in the 80s and everything from the stoor just sat for years untouched VINTAGE!! They had everything you would find in a music stoor in bulk going for insane prices! They had vintage epiphone , guild gibson , fender , marshal , peay and many more maufacturers. Mint condition guitars where going for $150. Then towards the end stuff was going into the double digits vintage fenders going for $40 dollars , bass + electric cabs going for 20 dollars!! I almost didnt believe the prices they where going for!
    I ended up walking out of there with....
    (all vintage)
    -8 roto toms for my drum set
    -One hand made guild acoustic
    -Vintage Epiphone acoustic from 79
    -Vintage orpheum hollow body from 50s
    -madeira acoustic
    -Guild Nova electric from 80s (explorer style body)
    -Hagstrum hollow body
    -Over 100 vintage straps in assorted collor paterns
    -2 huge boxes of bass and guitar strings(well over 300 packs)
    -Package of speed winders
    -package of capos
    -Pedulla bass guitar

I ended up spending around $2000 dollars if I had waited towards the end of the auction I would have gotten stuff alot cheaper but I ran out of cash still great deals though.

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    think i may have put this in the wrong forum can someone move to miscelaneouse

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Where was this?

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hows the pedulla? Btw those old strings might not be good bc strings only have a shelf life of a few years.

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    are you asking what forum its in? if you are , the "basses" forum
    or where was the auction? pine bush NY

6. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    yea your right alot of the strings where shot but alot where pretty good still in their packagine and stuff I have already restrung my epiphone I got. and also I forgot to mention that the Pedulla my cousin won in the auction who joined me I wish I had got it but I was all out of cash. It was a steel for $300.

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    my god...i would never have luck like that.

congrats on the great deals!

8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    get pics of the pedulla please :p And if it's a buzz (fretless)tell me if u ever sell it ;)

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moved to Miscellaneous.

10. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Sorry SARGEBAKER you probably didnt see my ost up above that said that my cousin was the one who got the Pedulla I wish I did.

but........its a really nice dark blue with tiny lil sparkles not really spakly but some and has bartoloni pickups.

11. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Sorry SARGEBAKER you probably didnt see my post up above that said that my cousin was the one who got the Pedulla I wish I did.

but........its a really nice dark blue with tiny lil sparkles not really spakly but some and has bartoloni pickups.

12. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Any cool bass heads/amps?...

~S~

13. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    No bass heads but cabs yes they where goin for like 20 dollars at the end and I was dead broke it made me sick watching them go for so cheap.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'm not sure that there would be any great "vintage basses" necessarily - the 80s were pretty poor for quality control from the major manufacturers - that's when they had gone over to mass production and were struggling to keep the same standards as before - Japanese copies were coming in, to fill the gap.

So - I started playing in gigging bands then (early 80s) - and was looking for pro- level gear - I often found that Fenders were pretty poor in terms of quality and they only really turned it round by the late 90s!!

Gibsons were terrible and Rickenbackers were way overpriced and very scarce - Ibanez and Aria were generally better bets then - but wouldn't be too expensive to buy used, now anyway!

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man after i looked at the basses i would have tried to find snakes! If you could have bought a few snakes and lighting equipent you coul dhave made a fortune! Any cool old spectors?