entry level basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by slumberland, Oct 7, 2002.

1. slumberland

Sep 17, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    Hi guys
    Since this issue became a constant in this forum I recommend everybody specially the most knowledgeable cats to bring information about their own arsenal and previous experiences.

It will be nice something like the newbies information at the top of the forum. Since I don't have much experience myself I will lave this recommendation to the most experience guys.

But to me the entry level instrument is a real and constant issue in this forum. I think we as a community have the responsabilty to help out with reliable information and help out the new guys like myself to learn from the past and help out other to protect their money and time.

A wrong decision can be very painful economically and emotionally. So will leave this in your hands to se what we can do on this matter.

thanks in advance for your suppot and guidence so far.
    I know we can come out with something

2. My 1st was a no-name ply for 500.00. These are very very rare these days.

If you can get a teacher's advice the 1st time around, I'd pay the price for the lesson.

1. Look for a healthy instrument. If you can't tell, ask to let you take it to a luthier take a look for you

2. Most all other qualities or lack thereof are relative from bass to bass and price range to price range.

Listen to alot of basses, play alot of basses, and keep an eye on the boards to educate yourself.