1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Entry-level solid top face off - Srunal & Christopher

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by FidgetStone, Aug 31, 2003.

1. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Any thoughts regarding sound quality, craftsmanship, playability, durability, etc . . on entry-level carved tops from these manufacturers?

Thanks . . . Jim Watkins

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've heard nothing but good things about either one. I have the fully carved Christopher and LOVE it! It's been all over Texas, Lousiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico and has been very durable. I constantly get compliments on the sound.

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've owned my Strunal 5/20 for two months now, and love it. One of my friends bought a cheap 600 bass, and the neck came off after he tuned it up with guts at a gig..I thought the strings were supposed to break before the neck:eek:

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    sorry it's a $600 bass

5. I own a Strunal 5/35, I love it! It's held up through 3 New York summers and winters now and sounds better all the time. I can't say anything about Christopher basses except that the folks who own 'em love 'em. That should say something about both instruments.