Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Entry-level solid top face off - Srunal & Christopher

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by FidgetStone, Aug 31, 2003.

1. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Any thoughts regarding sound quality, craftsmanship, playability, durability, etc . . on entry-level carved tops from these manufacturers?

Thanks . . . Jim Watkins

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've heard nothing but good things about either one. I have the fully carved Christopher and LOVE it! It's been all over Texas, Lousiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico and has been very durable. I constantly get compliments on the sound.

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've owned my Strunal 5/20 for two months now, and love it. One of my friends bought a cheap 600 bass, and the neck came off after he tuned it up with guts at a gig..I thought the strings were supposed to break before the neck:eek:

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    sorry it's a $600 bass

5. I own a Strunal 5/35, I love it! It's held up through 3 New York summers and winters now and sounds better all the time. I can't say anything about Christopher basses except that the folks who own 'em love 'em. That should say something about both instruments.