Envelope filter / Octave combo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by verstft, Apr 1, 2018.

1. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Trying to funk things up a little bit. Leaning toward a mu-tron type pedal and an analog octave pedal.

Are there any pedals out there that do both envelope filter and octave or do you really need both separate?

2. I don't have one but the Meridian Funkulator can do the envelope filter and octave combined thang. I generally prefer separate pedals. If you want a Mu-Tron type filter then the Micro-Tron III is back in stock and Mu-Tron has the new 9v Octavider coming later this month I believe. Now that should be a killer funk combo.

Shadowkast and verstft like this.
  3. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    That thing is pretty sweet. Littery impossible to find. Did the company go out of business?

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Eventide Pitchfactor and H9 have a killer octave with filters.

Shadowkast likes this.
  5. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    EH BMS does octave + fuzz + filter. Doesn’t really do clean octave though

6. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah has an octave-filter mode that basically sounds like an OC2 and a filter in parallel; sounds pretty good if not perfect =0)

Bassist4Eris and jcerio like this.
  7. 18222269-350A-4676-BDDD-E749ED4F6E05.jpeg Not sure about a single pedal that does what you are looking for. But I’ve been getting super funky with an EBS bassIQ into an Aguilar Octamizer.

Funkinthetrunk likes this.
  8. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    For the octave I would get a Broughton Synth Voice, the new Mutron octave coming out, a modded OC-2, a Broughton Broughctave, a COG T-16 or maybe the 3 leaf one.

For the filter, the Micro-Tron or A Broughton Josh Wah

For a combo the Bananana mini synth or the Future Impact.

9. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Don't think there's any pedals out there that do envelope and octave in one box.

If you're flexible on the Mu-Tron type filter, grab an old '70s MXR Envelope Filter. Funkiest envelope filter I've ever tried. Only real downside is that they're battery only and no LED.

For the octave, you can't go wrong with an OC-2 or 3Leaf Octabvre.

10. PeterBennieBass

PeterBennieBass

Jan 2, 2013
    thanks for the future impact tip. it looks amazing!

11. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I've been having some fun with my Mooer Tender Octaver into my Mooer Bass Sweeper. Upper and lower octave available to taste, and fuzz on the Sweeper - or not. It also sounds pretty cool with my EHX Green Russian Reissue providing the fuzz. I like to add a little chorus on the end too.

12. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

This was my first thought too. They're out of production, but not that hard to find, and not terribly expensive either.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Sorry guys, but even though I have found a sound I like with the Bass Synth Wah for envelope, I'm not impressed with the octave when I compare it to the OC-2. Just plain doesn't sound as good to me.

14. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Here's one...
    Phonkify

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021