Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Envelope Filter on "Live at the Quick"?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Indi86, May 17, 2005.

1. Anybody here know what envelope filter Victor is using on Scratch and Sniff on "Live at the Quick"? It's a pretty killer tone.

2. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    That's it!!! I can't help you, but I'd just like to say that I bought an envelope filter specifiaclly to get that tone!!!! I never knew the song either, but now I do I can go learn it. Thanks dude. :)

BTW, I use a digitech Bass Synth Wah and I love it to death. I need to go and try to emulate that tone with it. I'll update you on whether you can get it with that when I find out.

You've made my day man, you really have.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im pretty such Victor Wooten uses a Pigtronix EP-1

4. Thanks guys. I'm now on the hunt.

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Honestly, I think the Pigtronix thing is one of the best filters of all time (and it's also a phaser!) and I haven't even had the chance to use the expression pedal yet. I've tried pretty much everything except the Jacques Trinity (damn the gas). Ditch your Mutron and EBS - Sounds are right up there with the Meatball IMO - but it's cheaper, more versatile and much easier to use.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Could you provide any clips? - i could actually love you forever :)

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Not right now - I'm a total recording noob. Our keyboard guy has been teaching me Protools but he's in L.A. schmoozing it up with other past Emmy winners. We just finished recording a little dvd demo type thing that has blatant use of the EP-1, Mutron octave and Ezekiel pedals. He's due back next week and hopefully I'll have something to share/post - even if not the video then maybe just the audio...

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Which Ezekiel do you have? :) - Infact do you have a pedal board shot in the pedal board thread? ooher!

9. What exactly does the EP1's expression pedal control?

10. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I picked up the 25:17 from a TB'er here not too long ago. There's a boat load of distortion and fuzz in that cool little box and it drives filters very well. I need to get my act together and take some pics and post some clips.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I was asking because i had the original ezekiel from david at D*A*M :)

Get a pedalboard shot... or just tell us your chain, it sounds like my kind of chain :)

12. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
  13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've seen those, thanks, but stuff from websites is almost never an accurate representation of the product ;)

14. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Ahh...
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Not misunderstanding, i just think its a good thing to be wary of soundclips on manufacturers websites :)

Thanks

Joe.

16. zcwilkes

zcwilkes Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Barboursville, WV
    I just got an EP-1 about a month ago. It's the best EF by far that I have tried. When you kick it in it doesn't affect your volume and the bass is still there. AND the expression pedal just controls the speed for the Phaser but they can mod it for you.