1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Envelope Filter problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by h0und, May 2, 2018.

1. h0und

h0und

May 2, 2018
    Hi guys, i bought an envelope filter that works pretty well actually... when i play softly. That's the problem with it idk if it's my EQ but i have to barely touch the strings for it to make that sweet sound, sometimes i manage to play softly but when the adrenaline kicks in can't.
    Also i can't slap while using it, my slap sounds painful to the ear if i am using my pedal, and of course you can't hear the effect.
    Does anyone have a solution?

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    If it's too sensitive turn the sensitivity down on the filter, or turn your bass volume down. If that then means your heavy playing sounds good but your light playing is not triggering the filter enough, then adjusting your technique or limiting your dynamic range with a compressor is the answer.

Which envelope filter are you using? The other answer is of course to try another filter. If you haven't tried at least 10, you haven't lived!

3. h0und

h0und

May 2, 2018
    i was actually just playing around with my eq and settings and none of them seems to work, my pedal is made here in my country, Argentina, guess i'll just have to save some money and buy a decent one, maybe a micro q trom

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    What controls does your pedal have on it.