Envelope Flanger?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andvari7, Sep 4, 2010.

1. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I've heard of envelope phasers - I've used one (the EHX Stereo Polyphase) - and envelope filters (the Q-Tron is the best, hands down), but what about an envelope flanger? Or, for that matter, an envelope chorus?

2. source audio makes a flanger with envelope mode

3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    The Line 6 ToneCore Liqua Flange has envelope up and down modes.

4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I love this pedal. It also has a great step mode. Lots going on in this small footprint, but not discussed very much.

5. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    You can get envolope chorus on the Eventide PitchFactor. It might be possible to get envelope flange, I'll try when I get a chance later.

6. Hoover

Hoover Inactive

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    The old Lexicon PCM-41, PCM-42, & Prime Time digital delays allowed you to do envelope-flanging, envelope chorusing, as well as envelope-nausea inducing pitch-modulated echoes. Envelope-flanging is a very cool effect imho; Tony Levin seemed to use it a lot in the 1980s.

7. envelop flanger...... hmmmmm i really like the sound of that :D
    dig!

8. drewfx

drewfx

May 14, 2009
    Yamaha MagicStomp has it too.

9. i'd love to hear that.

10. +1

Clips?

11. +2

id love to hear a high quality one, more specifically. i'd immagine itd sound..well..funky..

12. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...excellent pedal that doesn't get near the love it deserves...not saying it's the greatest pedal ever, but it gets treated like chopped liver :eek: ...

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021