Envelope that can sweep up, down, and flat

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by psi, Jan 15, 2006.

1. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Anyone know of an envelope filter that can sweep up, down, and not sweep at all (so that it functions as a band pass filter)?
  2. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Yeah I was looking at that pedal, but I don't think it can do the 3rd thing which is to act as a variable low pass filter. i.e., no sweep -- your signal just gets lopped off after a certain specified frequency.
  3. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
  4. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
  5. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
  6. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Moogerfooger MF-101 can act as strictly a lowpass filter, just turn the envelope amount to zero. It doesn't sweep down.
  7. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What about the Maxon AF-9 guys?
  8. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I'm pretty sure the old Ibanez 9 series AF9? does that.
  9. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Both the Maxon and the Ibanez AF9 won't filter down to an E :( Their frequency responses only go to 100hz on the low end.
  10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The envelope effect is best on the mids only anyways.
  11. Since no one has mentioned it, I will
    The EMMA discumBOBulator can sweep up and down, don't know about flat
  12. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    the boss ft-2 can do it, plus it has an expression pedal input so you can adjust the freq that it's at in real-time.... like a wah
  13. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    I think I'm going to go with the Agent 00Funk Mk II because it has that CV output which would be fun especially plugged into the MF-102. If you turn the sweep knob all the way towards "narrow" I think it'll come close to the flat thing.
  14. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    the ebs does up and down as good as any I've tried (except a mutron) don't remember exactly about flat.... I'm sure someone here can set me straight.
  15. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    if you turn the sensitivity knob way down on any envelope filter and pluck a certain way so that the envelope doesnt open it sounds close enough to a low pass filter, right?
  16. Typically, it actually is a low pass filter. So, yes. Some EF's also allow you to set the filter to be either low pass, band pass or high pass (i.e. AF-9, meatball...). So, if you turn down the sensitivity so that the envelope doesn't open, there will be no sweep (flat?), and you'll get whichever type of filter you have it set to.

~ Charlie
  17. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc