1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi EB-1 vs Squier Musicmaster...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by telepbrman, Nov 10, 2010.

1. telepbrman

telepbrman

Dec 11, 2007
    I've a mid 90's Squier Vista Musicmaster and I am just not feeiling it...too short/small for me. Yet, I don't like the feel of the 34" scale...so: I'm thinking about tracking down an EB-1 Epiphone. A medium scale. Those of you who've played the EB-1, any bad vibes, problems with them? I had one a long while back, but didn't play much bass at the time.

2. Epiphone doesn't make an EB-1 (violin bass), Do you mean the EB-O (SG bass)? I have no personal experience with it, but what I have heard hasn't been all that good. Of course others who actually have played the thing might differ. I suppose that doesn't help you much does it?
    Sorry
    (slinks off to corner of room.)

3. Ah, didn't know they had made one.
    Good to know.
    Depending on how hard it is to find one, and how expensive it would be, I wouldn't mind having one, myself.

4. if you find one, you gonna be unloading the musicmaster?

5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    The eb0 is a one dimensional bass. Not very good. The eb-3 2 pickup model is better, but try it out before you buy.

6. weemac

weemac Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    The funny thing is that the Epi EB-3 is 34" scale not the proper 30.5".

I wanted one of those Epi EB-1 basses when they were around a few years ago but every review and even the folks selling them new in shops said that they were pretty dire....

I used to have a 68 EB-3... Loved it!

I used to have a 70s Musicmaster..... Loved it too!

I played a Squier Musicmaster and it was so close to the real 70s fender ones....

I'm not saying anything very helpful am I? :meh:

Eden.

7. markseb1

markseb1

Jul 11, 2007
    Stock the sound is about the same as an Epi EB-0 (same PU). However, the build quality is pretty good as they are Korean made. Now, drop in a Dark Star or vintage Gibson PU from the '50s (like mine) and a quality bridge such as a Hipshot Supertuner and then you've got something, IMHO. While I was at it I upgraded the pots (Gibson USA) and went with D'Addario nickle half rounds. I've also tried S.I.T. nickle rounds but prefer the feel and sound of the half rounds. The Epi EB-1 is 32" scale.