Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jack, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Just been to the Epi site and there are no NYC cabs listed under products, just Ultralight.

Have I missed something? Are they discontinued? Or is the page just lost/link missing?

EDIT - The pages are stil there, just there is no (obvious) way to get to them.
    Epifani NYC610
  2. Interesting... I don't know what to tell you.
  3. pjhandlin

pjhandlin Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Yesterday I ordered a new UL 310 and while I was ordering I asked about NYC avaiability... the sales person said that he thought the NYC line was being phased out and that as a dealer he would only be able to get UL cabs.

Dont know how accurate that info is but I though it was interesting to share with you all.
  4. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    As of a couple of days ago (or maybe yesterday) both the NYC and UL cabs were on the website.
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Very interesting! :eyebrow:
  6. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Interesting, I thougt with 4 replies in my inbox this morining Id have an answer! :D

Id imagine that they wouldnt just pull the plug on the cabs that made them a big hit without telling anyone, theres nothing about it on their website. :confused:
  7. pjhandlin

pjhandlin Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well, I really dont know how accurate the information is from one salesperson with regard to NYC production.

I was skeptical myself and thought that by posting this others may chime in who could further clarify this.
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i kinda doubt nick would abandon the NYC series as some players prefer the slightly different sound, but who knows? mayeb the ul series is outselling them big time. personally, i dont see any reason to buy a nyc can as for a few extra beans the ul cabs (especially the 310) are just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too cool.
  9. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Big deal for me though, the brief time I spent with them whilst I was in London, The NYc series (esp the 410 and 610) were the best sounding cabs Ive ever heard. Was kinda hoping when the money came up I could have a 610. The ULs didnt sounds as full to my ears, but there was only a UL410.
  10. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I wonder if the resale value of NYC cabs will be elevated by Epi's discontinuing them and their awesome sound?
  11. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    So weve decided theyve been discontinued? I thought we still didnt know.

Evidence for them being discontinued:
    1. Theyre not on the site.
    2. A few people say theyve heard through the grapevine from not-too-reliable (no offence) sources that they are gone.

Evidence for them not being discontinued:
    1. Cabs made them what they are, they wouldnt be here if not for the NYC410.
    2. No news, anywhere.
    3. The manuals are still there, they are listed in the latest (Late 2004) brochure.
    4. The pages are still there, just not accesible.
  12. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The UL's have been extremely successful. Most people are not
    hearing much of a difference between Epi nyc and ul boxes.
    All of the combo amps have ul's. Epifani is one of (if not) the
    best ultralite speakerbox companies out. I would not be
    surprised if they focused entirely on ul boxes in the future.
    Might even free up a little more R&D money.
  13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Very said if it is true. :bawl:
  14. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Personally, I much prefer the NYC cabs. . . not as big a deal to me because I only play through a 112 as opposed to a 310 or 410 where the extra weight could be a huge factor. But weight aside, I can hear a definite difference and agree with Jack's comment regarding fullness. The UL's seem more "airy" and mid-flavored which doesn't appeal to me as much as the NYC's do. If this is true (the discontinuing rumors) there is no way I'll get rid of my T-112, and I may try to get another, or a T-110 before they are phased out. No $$$ for that though. . . :rollno:
  15. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey guys-
    There is a new line coming out to replace the NYC series. Not sure if it's going to be the same cabinets but they are going to be cheaper than before apparently. They are going to be called the "performance" series.
  16. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Not meaning to sound like a sceptic, but how do you know? :)
  17. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Because when I found out I asked. :p
  18. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    You sir, rule. Thankyou.
  19. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Don't ask me - I created the site, but I'm not the one that made the changes... this is the first i've heard of it.
  20. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I noticed that other day that there was no listing for the NYC cabs. I found it odd but was able to get to the pages through the BNW website.

Jared, may we ask whom you asked?

If this is true, I'm sure glad I got my t310. Hopefully we will see a price cut on the ul cabs but probably not much chance on that happening. :rollno: