1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi Rivoli love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RickC, Mar 14, 2008.

1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Just got my '65 Rivoli back from repair (Jim Mooradian, in Cambridge MA). I was out on a boat gig in Bahsten Hahbah a couple of years ago and the electronics just quit on me. I finally took it in and had Jim fix things up, and it was back on the gig again last weekend. Ahhh, reunited with an old friend...

:hyper:

The gain on these pickups is massive; I have to cut the preamp gain on the Thunderfunk back a full quarter turn from where I normally run it for my Jbass, just to prevent overload. This one also has a super-secret-sauce bass cut filter that Jim installed in place of the baritone switch, that tames the extreme woofiness of the pickups.

The rubbery, short scale and the bulbous bottom end was a cool change from the Jbass; it's funny how something like that can affect the way you approach the material. It's like playing those tunes new again.

Peach_Nail_Epi.

/rick

2. I had a 1968 EB-2 a long time ago. I still remember it being a super comfortable bass, the neck being perfect, and it just exuded class.

But soundwise, I would have wanted a Jazz bass back then.

These days, I could figure a place to use that old EB-2.

normal_68eb2.

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I've got a Rivoli and an EB-2, love 'em.

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I bought a Rivoli once with plans to convert it to left-handed, but UPS broke it in transit - the neck split from the body at the neck joint. :meh:

But I could tell it was a very nice bass. :bawl:

5. nice black re-issue for good price on e-bay