1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi T-Bird or Epi Limited Ed. Les Paul?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rageagainsttx, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    I have been slowly saving up my money to buy another bass (i have an Ibanez GSR200 and its great) but i cant decide between the Epiphone T-Bird or the Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul. They both seem like good buys but i dont know which is "better". If anyone could help me out with this little problem, i would really appreciate it. Thanks alot

2. Thunderbird! They look so much cooler.

3. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    The Epi bird lacks upper fret access has some neck dive, which can be fixed.

The Epi LP has better upper fret access, is better balanced, but not as cool. Also is mostly unexpected by the general music world (looks like a guitar)

If you're going to play up high I would go with the Epi.

I would buy either used as well.

4. Ragea-
    Good advice from the previous posts.
    I own 3 Epi's (one is a TB) and all are well made and a good value. Make sure you play a Tbird before you buy it, unless you plan on using the MF 45 day return feature. The Tbird's take some getting use to ergonomically. But they have a great sound!

5. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    well, yesterday i went to Guitar Center and they didnt have either, but they did have the Gibson Les Paul Bass. I played it and found it to be one of the best basses ive played. I really liked it. Would the Epiphone version of it be a big difference from the Gibson version?