1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi T112 Neo Conversion?? Bad idea??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmcd, Feb 24, 2008.

1. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    Hello. I just purchased a older T112 and was wondering about putting a Neo driver in it. Anyone ever do this, and if so, which driver did you use.

I've submitted this question to Epifani and I'm waiting for their response, but I figured I'd ask here as well. Thanks.

2. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    I've thought about doing this also. I have one T-112 that weighs 40 lbs and one that weighs 50 lbs. Now it may seem silly but I hate the 50 lb cab. I wounder if I would lighten it up much with a neo speaker? Or is it not worth the effort. I love the sound of the cabs as they are but find myself taking only the 40 lb cab whenever I can get away with it.
    If you don't mind let me know what Epifani says about it. I may just sell both NYC's and buy a UL212.

3. MBXB

MBXB

May 17, 2007
    I have 2 T112s; One is heavier than the other. PO said that Epi replaced the driver. Don't know if it's a neo though.
    Did you guys ever get an answer from the factory?

4. I wouldn't bother. Much of the weight saving of a neo cab is in the lighter wood that cab be used, since the neo speaker doesn't need all that thick, heavy wood to hold it in place. For a single speaker cab, at most, you'll save about 5 pounds. It MIGHT make sense with a 410, where you would save that 5 pounds time four. For a single 112, not so much. Also, the older T crossove is different, and I assume the newest Eminence Neo's that Epifini uses would have a different upper end driver range, and hence a difference crossover point (just guessing there).