1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi Tbird: replacement pickguard/truss cap?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by m.oreilly, Mar 25, 2011.

1. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    got a (free) new epi tbird, and noticed the funky guard and truss cap (the neck is sweet. i was expecting baseball bat, or something other than very playable). any recommendations?

2. PDGood

PDGood

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Are you wanting recommendations on what to replace your guard/truss cover with? If so, pictures of what your bass looks like would be helpful.

3. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    it's a newer epi tbird. i was thinking a clear or white. it's got a trans red burst finish. heck, maybe a black guard, but a name or link to an etailer, and will gibson ones retrofit was what i was looking for

4. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    took off the 'pickguard'. looks sweet removed. i guess i just don't get why they would put that ugly piece of plastic (gibson, et al) on such a nice piece of wood. the mind boggles, unless it was popular to use jagged ferrous plectrums in that region...wth?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021