1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi UL112 + schroe 1212R + Carvin BX1200 = Magic!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I tried my UL112 with my schroe 1212R stacked run with my carvin bx1200 at a gig I just got home from. All I can say is whoa!

Until my UL110 arrives I'll keep stacking my two larger cabs together. So basically I was running a 3-12 stack. That Carvin BX1200 is part of the reason this rig sounded so great. It has MAJOR balls! Even using the regular bass eq pot I couldnt cut enough low-end out. I had to set the graphic eq as an upside-down 'smiley face' (another words frown) in order to cut enough bass eq. Still sounded super bassy and full. Amazing given the way I had the graphic eq set. I never had the master vol on the bx1200 past 3 (bridged @ 4 ohms to give 1200w).

I had the schroe 1212r vertical and the UL112 stacked on top vertical as well. I could sure hear myself tonight! Cab stacking will always be my first choice from now on!

This setup is actually WAY more power than I need. I wanted to run a stack setup and the only way to do it was to combine the 1212R and the UL112 as thats the only cabs I currently own until my UL110 arrives. The UL112 + 1212R stack was actually too bassy. I would rather not have to cut that much bass... though I'd rather cut it, than have to add it.

I should mention that we were playing in a small pub with all wooden floors, and wooden stage. I love playing on that stage, though its too small. Barely fit a three piece on it.

I think those that 'mix and match' cabs may be onto something. All I know is that Epi UL112 + schroe 1212R + Carvin BX1200 is magical!

Okay, enough rambling from me.:ninja::p

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I run my 1212r on top of a Bergantino 115...sort of as if it were a beefy 2x10! It's a killer rig!

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    That rig sounds cool.

Portability is a major concern for me so the UL110+UL112 stack will be plenty for me. It was nice to have all that untapped power at my fingertips though... even if it was untapped.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Depending upon the gig, and the space situation, both my 1212r and the HT115 work as stand alone cabinets.

My 1212 was purchased as a one cab solution, and while it was plenty loud and hearable, I didn't feel like it was filling the room with the lows I wanted (my main gig is reggae). I added the HT115 as the solution...something that would remain low and clean, but that would provide the low-low presence we needed on stage and in the room if we didn't have a full PA.

What I didn't expect, is that the HT115 is a great stand alone cab, with a nice mid/treble presence and has become the one I grab as small rig cab.

The 1212 though, works perfectly by itself when we're really crunched for travel space or, or when I'm playing with my non-reggae project and I use a more modern tone. It sounds great for that setting, especially since that's a 3 piece and I have more room in the mix and the arrangements for wide tonality.

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, I love my 1212R.

Unfortunately, it will have to be regulated to back-up duty. I have found cab stacking is the best way to hear myself. My band leader is very sensitive to bass vol levels it seems... that combined with the fact that I'm about 40% deaf in my left ear means I need to have one driver close to my head.

I'd much rather push around 52LBS than 88LBS of cabs so the UL110+UL112 stack will be the go to setup.

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I would love to hear that rig first-hand. It sounds killer. Glad to hear the BX1200 is working out for you, too. Cheers.