1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epic Drumming Fail

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Thread fail

2. DLKasim

DLKasim

Oct 13, 2009
    That's not a fail of any kind. In fact, if you could do that on cue, that would be a massive WIN for the end of a music video.

3. madmatt

madmatt

Apr 28, 2009
    This thread failed me!

4. HugeInJapan

HugeInJapan

May 25, 2011
    agreed... massive let down

5. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    I dunno which is worse the Pink Floyd one or this one:

6. Uncle Snake

Uncle Snake

Jan 1, 2010
    vt
    So much fail grouped together = a tiny little bit of win. Just a little though......

7. Reaper Man

Reaper Man

Jan 15, 2010
    MA
    yerp.

that was equipment fail, but a pretty cool one I think

8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The stick was broken at the beginning of the video. It looks like it was semi-planned to me.

9. AnchorHoy

AnchorHoy

Dec 29, 2008
    New Jersey
    Dude's using the middle of the stick to hit the edge of the cymbal

Horrible stick technique does = Fail

10. Plenty of drummers do that intentionally... It's a tone thing

11. cracked_machine

cracked_machine

Jan 8, 2010
    Bristol
    Oh good awful!

Tempting to blame the bass player (yeah ok stop right there), but I think the singer is throwing off the entire band. Although they weren't exactly doing well to start with. Sounds like early Butthole Surfers lol.

Edit. no it's the drummer. oh lord.

12. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    Truth. You'd be surprised at how versatile a cymbal can sound depending on how you hit it. You can tell when a drummer isn't hitting right, and don't notice when they are, in my opinion at least.

13. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    this dude can bring it. his other videos prove it.
    Major and many BASS fails in the Floyd. Drums merely suck.

14. AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

"You may feel a little sick"

INDEED!
    :rollno:

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't really agree with that. As a drummer myself, you're going to get more tone out of the cymbal by 1) Hitting it correctly and 2) Hitting it in a different spot on the cymbal. Hitting along the edge with the middle of the stick or the shaft the way he's doing isn't going to make much of a difference. If you're hitting a cymbal repeatedly with this area of the stick you're losing control of the stick because the balance is no longer there, so that screams to me that this was planned.

16. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    Looking at the video again, he's a little low when hitting, and you're right about the balance thing. Huh, maybe he did plan it. Good call! Im always going off how things sound when Im hitting a cymbal. I've seen so many great drummers get terrible tone out of their cymbals, a clangy, pingyness out of a crash. Yuck! And I stick by what I said in regards to noticing things. A cymbal shouldn't stick out or sound out of place, it should flow in tandem with the kit/rhythm being played. I know this isn't in tandem with the thread, but interesting to talk about. :)!

17. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    How? I did not name or create the video on You Tube