Epifani 115 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lucent, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Lucent

Feb 9, 2003
    many here seem to be so fond of 212 cabinets these days.
    Has anybody experience with the Epifani T-115?
    How does it sound in comparison to the 212?

Could anybody already test one of the new Epifani UltraLights?

Do they really sound the *same*?

feed back!

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I had both at the same time with the 2x12 being the older version... The 15 was more warmer and deeper, the 2x12 was more aggressive and maybe covered more range.... I had a friend of mine come over for another set of ears, he preferred the 2x12, I preferred the 15... So it depends on what you're looking for...
  3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Thanks God I found your thread on Epifani 115 on this forum...
    Aside of being a great admirer of all the Epifani boxes (at least,by their sound as heard on Fodera players...),i'm very interested in some technical details about the T-115 (strangely enough,their official website is very poor in specs...in fact,this side is "under construction"...).
    I have,therefore,2 questions regarding this box:
    1.What are the inner dimensions of the rectangular port (or tunnel)? In the absence of the schematic of the box,it's impossible to appreciate "by eye" the presented photo!
    2.What's the cut-off frequency between woofer and bullet-tweeter?(...it has to be written somewhere in the specs....)
    Again,the photo shows the back plate assembly,emphasising the air-tight isolations,but,unfortunately,about the parts (a coil and two condensators) there's nothing detailed.
    Thank you!
  4. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Your best bet is to give them a call...