epifani 210 UL or eden 210xlt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Jun 25, 2004.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm thinking of changing from an Eden 210xlt,
    to an Epi 210UL. Whats the difference in sound
    characteristics and needed power? (sensitivity)
    I already know the the weight difference. I'm
    thinking fingers, thumb, jazz, r&b. Everything!
  2. Well, the Epifani doesn't have the characteristic mid range bump of the Eden and is not as sensitive. Also, some have said that the neodynium speakers tend to lose a little bit of their bass response when they get hot (I've never actually heard this for myself, this is just what I've been told at bass stores). The Epifani is a bit more transparent, but I like the sound of both. At 37 lbs though, my back and I like the Epifani much more.
  3. Charles S.

Charles S.

Jun 30, 2004
  4. Charles S.

Charles S.

Jun 30, 2004
    I recently purchased their 3X10 cab and it is hands down the greatest sounding cab I ever heard and I have been playing for 25 years. It is so crisp. It has impeccable articulation, without a trace of muddiness. My slap tone is OFF THE CHAIN! I also heard their 1X12 Ultra-Light and it was KILLER…not to mention that it only weighs something like 27 pounds! I just thought all you players out there should know about this stuff. It’s no wonder Epifani has some of the greatest players in the world using their gear.

PS: I saw Richard Bona recently and he was using 2 Epifani 1X12 cabs…need I say more? He uses UltraLights!!