Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

epifani 210 UL or eden 210xlt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Jun 25, 2004.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm thinking of changing from an Eden 210xlt,
    to an Epi 210UL. Whats the difference in sound
    characteristics and needed power? (sensitivity)
    I already know the the weight difference. I'm
    thinking fingers, thumb, jazz, r&b. Everything!

2. Well, the Epifani doesn't have the characteristic mid range bump of the Eden and is not as sensitive. Also, some have said that the neodynium speakers tend to lose a little bit of their bass response when they get hot (I've never actually heard this for myself, this is just what I've been told at bass stores). The Epifani is a bit more transparent, but I like the sound of both. At 37 lbs though, my back and I like the Epifani much more.

3. Charles S.

Charles S.

Jun 30, 2004

4. Charles S.

Charles S.

Jun 30, 2004
    I recently purchased their 3X10 cab and it is hands down the greatest sounding cab I ever heard and I have been playing for 25 years. It is so crisp. It has impeccable articulation, without a trace of muddiness. My slap tone is OFF THE CHAIN! I also heard their 1X12 Ultra-Light and it was KILLER…not to mention that it only weighs something like 27 pounds! I just thought all you players out there should know about this stuff. It’s no wonder Epifani has some of the greatest players in the world using their gear.

PS: I saw Richard Bona recently and he was using 2 Epifani 1X12 cabs…need I say more? He uses UltraLights!!