Epifani 2x12 Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Devnor, May 6, 2002.

1. Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    I play bass but drive a small car; thats bad. I play in a hard rock outfit and use a Mesa 400+. Need a new cabinet. Something that will fit into my Mazda with the rest of my gear. I've narrowed it down to the Epi T212:

It seems to have enough low end response, weight 75 lbs and the size looks right.

I like the Berg 212 but its a larger box and weighs more. Getting two each 1x12 cabs is too expensive for now.

What do you guys think?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sounds good, but i dunno how an Epifani 2x12 could possibly be cheaper than a pair of Aguilar GS112's...
  3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    They actually run around the same price.I use a Epifani 2x12. Very loud and agressive,yet still defined.Will sound extremely awsome with the Mesa!I use a SWR Bass 750.The Epifani is highly recommended from me.It could handle almost anything you throw at it too.
  4. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    You might want to check the configuration if you are going to by one.The new Epifani 2x12 is configured like the Berg.The old one(which I have) is with the speakers side by side in a rectangle box.
  5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    you can still get both models. there's the 212 and the 212d which is the newer model
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I have the T212 and find it to be the best single bass cab I've ever owned. The thing just roars and really compliments the EA iamp600 I use with it. I usually stand it up on end so I can hear it better. Quite a manageable size and weight, too. You can't go wrong, IMO.