Epifani 310 Vs 410....your thoughts ASAP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Aug 7, 2004.

1. I did a search and didnt get alot of good info......

i should say alot of mixed messages.

I have a crack at used version of both of the above....both for very good prices.

is the 410 just louder and heavier?????

please respond to this post only if you have heard both cabs....

Thank you.
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I have not played a 410 myself but the consensus I have heard is that the 410 is a little louder, and a little more authoratative in the low end with a B-string.

My 310 handles the B very well an is loud enough for just about any stage volume I would possibly need. Although I haven't gigged with it yet, it's seen a good share of loud practices with busy mixes at times and I think it would be enough to fill most of the rooms I have gigged in the past with other 410's... Hope this helped a little. Either way you would be getting a fine cabinet! :smug:
  3. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    If you can lift and afford it, go for the 4x10. If not, you won't be loosing out on much with the 3x10. The additional speaker will make you louder and deeper, but not by much. A doubling the speakers might make a significant difference, but one will hardly change things. If it were me, I'd go for the 3x10, but it's only because weight is a major consideration. If all you're looking for is a little more volume and depth, the 4x10 will give you that.