1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani 310 Vs EA NM410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 28, 2007.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've recently been offered a trade plus cash for my NM410 for an Epi310.

Now I love the NM410 but the fact it's 8ohm is a real problem for me I have to really crank my Iamp800 to be heard. But my new rig I've been biamping and using 2 amps with one running my effects and the other running clean and it's been perfect with an all EA rig but this is very tempting as the Epi is smaller and easier to move etc.

So just wondering what people think about them.

Any info would be great *cough*Tom*cough*

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Anyone?

3. Can't comment on the NM410, and much has been posted about the 8ohm only version of that cab.

I can say that I don't think the iAmp800/310UL match-up is a very good one. The inherent polite mid response of the 310UL amplifies the somewhat bass heavy tone (IMO and IME) of the iAmp800. I never had any luck at all getting that combination to sound either warm, or loud, or punchy. Just not a good match IMO.

4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Rewire the NM410 to 2ohm and run the iAmp800 for all its worth.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Not to go the Accugrove route on this thread but do you think a switch could be installed to switch between 2ohm and 8ohm?

6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    If the speakers in the NM410 are 8 ohm and currently wired series/parallel, you can rewire it all parallel to get 2 ohm nominal impedance and draw full power from the iAMP.

Alex

7. Keskin

Keskin

Feb 20, 2006
    Before rewiring, ask EA. Maybe they can give you some advice on that.