Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani 410, Eden 410XLT or SWR Goliath 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Aug 19, 2001.

1. I have tried four of these cabinets and liked them all, but I am a bit skeptical for Eden and Epifani are new companies and what happened if the go out of business. I like SWR because they've been around forever and when I checked Eden's webpage they seem to have a lot of spare parts.

I am playing with Modulus Vintage jazz bass, Warwick Dolphin, 1991 Hartke 410 XL and Modified Peavey Amp, Mutrin, MoogerFooger, EBS Multicomp.

Your opinion please fellow bassists?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi and welcome to Talkbass!

I wouldn't worry about that, especially with Eden (Epifani is quite unknown here in Europe).
    Those a quality brands that will stay IME.

And they're not new economy, so you can worry about other things ;)

3. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i love the SWR golaith III
    not only do they look beautiful...but they sound beautiful!!

4. Thank for your tip! Go Deutch Bundesliga!! I love Kaiserslautern and Bayern Leverkusen, and I've been to Koln, loved that place in the summer, nice weather. By the way, are Glockenlangs played extensively in Koln? Just wondering, cos it's such a luxury here in the States!

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Thanks man!

It's kinda the other way around over here, since the Euro/DM is so weak against the Dollar.
    A Glockenklang Quattro (2.165,00 DM - 1016 $) or Take Five (2.750,00 DM - 1291$) are actually cheaper than an Eden 410 XLT (2850 DM - 1338$).

http://www.musicstore-koeln.de/english/

I'm trying to save up for a Quattro, or for a Tech Soundsystems 4x10 or 4x12.

Of those 3 I'd pick the Eden, I'm a little disappointed about my SWR Triad cab (overall workmanship and quality of the crossover electronics). I also think that Eden's design looks better than SWR's.

We have 3 bigger musicstores in Cologne, so you get to see more variety than in other big cities, but it's still mostly the big sellers like Ibanez, Fender, Warwick, Ampeg and not much else.

6. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    SWR...and Eden......fine cabs indeed .

...but....

Epifani is the 'Real' deal !!!

Clear, Clean and defined !!!

yea....mo $$$$, but worth every penny.

Do yourself a favor...and test 'em out.

-Peter

7. Hello,
    I did try them out, the more I try them, the more that I am confused, I got my self in trouble again and tried the Bergantonis. The Bergs are in a league of their own.

Soooooo confused, heheheehe

8. If you like the eden 410XLT, you might also want to check out the Eden CX410, which is slightly cheaper, and has more mids in it.

9. I am going to be the odd one out and say GO WITH THE SWR GOLIATH 3!!!!

I recently bought the Goliath 3 junior. I was going to ge the equilant Eden, but it wasn't quite as worthwhile as the SWR. They built their cabs to put out just as much power as the Eden's, yet they weigh less and can put out lower frequencies. I would get the Goliath 3 if I were you. Plus i think they look cooler :)

10. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Really, don't worry about this, at least not with regard to Eden. Eden is *not* a new company, and in fact, David Nordschow (the "David" in the Eden David series) used to be involved in making SWR's cabs. He knows what he's doing. According to Eden's site, they were founded in 1976, though I'm pretty sure they weren't selling bass cabs that early. SWR only opened its doors in 1984.

11. That's it, I'm getting the Bergantino 212, no holds barred, beats any of the Eden, Epifani, and SWR that I tried.

Getting it next week, good god