Epifani 410 nyc/ul

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Sep 7, 2004.

1. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    What would you go with? Ive spent some time with both and Ive heard the difference between both but havnt had the chance to hear them in a live setting. I do think the nyc is tighter and has more bottom and the ul is a little more crisp and clean. What cab do you think would have the best projection in a rock setting and best tone?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    admittedly, i've only used my 3x10UL with my then funk rock trio. dave's one of the hardest drummers i know, and our guitarist was only using a 40 watt Vibroverb 2x10 combo, but i still had plenty of power and was only at about 11:00 with the master volume. also, i was running my Kern, which IMHO, sounds PERFECT for Epifani cabs.

but i've always found the UL stuff to have a meatier chewier midrange, while the NYC stuff has a more crisp and hollowed out hifi sound. either way, i doubt you'd go wrong. FYI, i actually prefer the UL sound.
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The UL's will cut more without harshness. The NYC's will fill out the bottom without getting overly boomy. Neither is a bad choice really...
  4. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My 210UL has more low end to begin with than any other
    210 box i've ever used. I'm not sure you will be able to
    really hear the difference in a live setting. My 112UL is
    stupid full of lows.(for its size) I think you would be happy
    (sound wise) with either one. Then its the cost weight factor.
    I can't stress this point enough. The sound changes when
    you play with other instruments!
  5. FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Last week I traded my Epi T410 NYC for a 210UL + 112UL. I have posted my impressions on both set-ups on this forum. I agree with B-string, there is a sound difference but it all starts with the instrument that you are playing and the settings that you use. I have added more "horn" in the new set up to bring the sound closer to the 4x10 (although you might expect to have to do exactly the opposite). Haven't tried the 410UL but I expect it will be just fine in a loud live situation. This stuff is just so darn good.

6. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I haven't had a gig loud enough where i've needed both my
    210UL and 112UL. Its kind of wierd, these boxes seem to like
    it the louder they get pushed. They open up more. Spoke to
    Mike Pope last week. He says he hasn't had a gig too loud
    for his 410UL, PLUS he can lift it no sweat. After all the
    compromises ( weight, money, wattage, etc) we are simply
    trying to imitate the sound we already hear in our heads.