Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani 4x10 & Eden 410XST

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Okay, these are the two cabs I'm lookin' at right now. I like both of them because they handle a lot of power, they have good sensitivity and supposedly great low end. Compare and contrast folks. Or just share your experience with either.

Thanks!

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Not even a nibble?

3. kernpre

kernpre

Sep 12, 2002
    W. MICHIGAN
    Hey..I never had an epi 410, but I did have a 310 at one point. Great cab. Much less color than Eden. I did have an eden 410 (not ported xlt), and used it with a ported xlt 210 (also eden).

You can't go wrong with either call. I would say that the eden has that inherent color while epi is very colorless (yet when pushed, epi's get less musical more harsh IMHO).

Before you buy either check out Bergantino. Get a bergie 410 and you'll have no problems.

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I think you'd be MUCH happier with either Aguilar, Bergantino, or Epifini. Eden colors the sound with that low mid bark too much for my ears.

THERE IS NO SUBSITITUTE FOR LISTENING TO THEM YOURSELF. DON'T BELIEVE US!

5. kernpre

kernpre

Sep 12, 2002
    W. MICHIGAN
    true. Your bass, your head..plug and a/b if possible.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The Eden XST line are flat response cabs...therefore, no low-mid yadda yadda.

brad cook

7. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Exactly DigMe! The XST models are supposed to have no low-mid bump. So...the question remains. I will go try both of these when time permits. I just am curious to hear from you folks. I didn't know Bergantino had a 4x10...is it on their website? Thanks for the replies and keep at 'em.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not the XST.

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    yeah yeah yeah I didn't read the XST on the post. never played an XST - how do they sound?

10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

I had an Eden 4x10XLT until I bought an Epifani 2x12. I sold the Eden the next week!:D

Rob

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well, simply put....

Its God's cab of choice.

Peace
    Nick

12. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Hmmm...I may just have to add in Aguilar...but I'm not sure yet...they're kinda like the XLT, right?

13. Not quite. The Aguilars are more like an Eden-meets-Ampeg kind of thing: big low mids, yeah, but with significantly more upper midrange articulation. I loved my GS410, but it was just too heavy and with a walk-up apartment it wasn't gonna do the trick.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    When your bass needs dont meet your housing needs, its time to move.

:D

Peace
    Nick

15. Well, I'm also planning to sell my Cherokee to pay some parental debt and get something on the order of a Subaru Outback sedan. A GS410 isn't gonna go in most sedans' back seats.

16. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    So Bergantino does NOT have a 4x10, correct? I didn't see one on their website and BassNW doesn't have one...:confused:

I do need a cab that sounds great with a ton of power going through it and had considered the Epi 6x10 as a single cab, but if the Epi doesn't sound as good loud (someone mentioned "less musical/harsh"), I may just go for the Eden. I'm a bit tired of the wool my XLT is giving me (and Aguilar sounds like it's not quite what I'm looking for). Any other suggestions fellas?

I think I'd better go visit BassNW! That Steve guy always treats me weird though...maybe HE'S just weird....

Thanks guys.

17. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Are you sellin the GS 410?

18. Sold it last month, man. Sorry.

19. kernpre

kernpre

Sep 12, 2002
    W. MICHIGAN
    So Bergantino does NOT have a 4x10, correct? I didn't see one on their website and BassNW doesn't have one...

My bad. I made an assumption there..Although, if you call, you get Jim B. directly and he may make you one??? Don't know, but he IS a great guy to deal with.

The epi's will get plenty loud. You don't need to worry about that. I believe the 310 handles 750W rms and peak of 2100W or something. It was just my experience that when I pushed it with a lot of low end (kern w/stewart 2.1) at real loud volumes it seemed to loose "roundness" to it. It wasn't farting or anything harsh like that. I'm sure that epi 610 will tear your head off in terms of volume, but...

It's a preference thing. Go to the store and enjoy the ahopping/buying experience! That's part of the fun....

20. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I can fit my Eden 410XLT in the back seat of my '88 Accord just fine. Actually, I can fit the Eden, my rack, and bass in the back seat. I can also fit an SWR Goliath III in the front seat at the same time if need be.