Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EPIFANI 6X10??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thelastofus, Jan 13, 2003.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive never heard one either, but that sure is a tasty looking cab!

Id love to try one, and from what I heard Id love it.

Peace
    Nick

3. jdupell

jdupell

Dec 12, 2006
    Ft Lauderdale
    thats what Rob Derhak from Moe uses

4. Hokey 4 year old thread!!

5. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Wow, someone brought this thread from waaaaaaaay back!

6. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Good thing too.

Im looking at getting one and have been looking for more info.:)

7. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Cool! I've checked out the 610UL in a music store setting a couple times. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the other cabs in the epi line, but the 610UL sounds more like a bigger 410UL than a pair of 310UL's would sound. To me, the 310UL sounds like a bigger 210UL. The 410UL sounds different...more hi mids than the slighly scooped sounding 310 and 210. The 610UL is like a 410UL on steroids.

All of this is talking about the Series I cabs, I'm not sure how the new Series II 610UL would sound...

8. jdupell

jdupell

Dec 12, 2006
    Ft Lauderdale
    yea i just did a search on Google for that cab and that thread came up so I responded without looking for the date. Was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it? I think its in the UL series so it should be less than 100lbs.

9. I use an Epifani UL610 with an Ampeg SVPCL and QSC 3402, and couldn't be happier. I usually play pretty bass heavy, and it kicks, but you can eq pretty much anything. The mids really help punch through, and the weight is light enough that I am thinking about taking it to practice over 2 Aguilar GS112's (unless I just leave the GS112's at the practice space.
    Hope this helps!