1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epifani and Benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pickinator, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Pickinator

Pickinator

Dec 28, 2011
    Eagle River WI
    Are these considered good products and good companies by our forum members. Are there any lines to stay away from like PS Performance series or Shuttlemax?

How is the pricing on cabs.

Thanks

2. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Yup, stay away from the Genz Shuttlemax.

Unless of course you like sweet tone, heaps of power, loads of flexibility, stellar quality, and awesome customer service.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I like epifani UL 210 and UL410 cabinets and GB Shuttle amps. Please don't buy them so that the price of used gear stays low. I would like to buy more! Just kidding!

Epifani cabs and GB shuttle amps are fine. Spend more time practicing and less time shopping, LOL.

Hasting likes this.
  4. CarlosRoberto5

CarlosRoberto5

Aug 9, 2011
    Texas
    (Which means buy them, they're worth it :bassist:)

I own a UL2 212 and a Shuttlemax 12.0
    Yes, it's overkill, but it sounds amazing.
    I've tried other rigs and this is by far the most transparent and hi-fi sounding combination I've ever heard.

5. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    +1

Yes, they sound great to me, too.

@OP I would say also that the epifani PS cabs sound fine, much like the original NYC epifani line.

I also love the light weight and sound of the Shuttle 6.0, though my favorite is still my Mesa M9 (talk about overkill, :eek:).

6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    +1 shuttle

7. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Ive tried and or used probably over two dozen 410 cabs. The Genz UB410T is the second best out there next to the Bergantino, and it's a close second. The Epifani UL ranks somewhere around 5 or 6.

YMMV

8. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    What's #3 and #4?

9. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Buy anything GB. Then....keep it.

10. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    The Epifani Performance Series (PS) cabs are actually very good - they're just not ultra light or neo equipped like the UL line is.

11. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    If you're interested in these and want to know more about them read the dedicated threads where you'll find everything you need to know. Just MHO.