epifani cab lines

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toddtodd, Oct 4, 2005.

1. what are the differences between the UL and T line.
    im looking into a 210T and what to know about it.
    price, freq, weight, and all that good stuff vs. the UL210

2. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    There are 2 Epifani lines, the UL (Ultralight) and the NYC (now discontinued) The Ultralight line used neo speakers, and they are extremely lightweight. I'm sure one of the resident Epifani experts will be along soo, they can let you know specifics such as tonal diferences, etc.
  3. +1 The T line, later renamed the NYC line, and then finally discontinued are 'regular weight' cabs, and the Epifani UL line are the lightest of the light Neo cabs. Nick has done extensive modifications of the crossovers over the years, so the early T's sound quite different from the NYC's, which sound quite different from the UL's.

The UL's are known for a lot of upper mid definition, while still retaining plenty of bottom. There's a Bass Player review that really nails the 410UL and I think does a good job of representing the sound of the UL line. The older T's can get a little harsh IMO in the treble range, but really have a huge low end.... much more open than the UL's (which IMO is not necessarily a good thing... but depends what you are looking for). I believe the later NYC's use a crossover that is much more similar to the UL line... the high end sounds much sweeter and more open than the older T's.

All of these cabs are great. I very much prefer the sound of the UL's myself, and the light weight is an added bonus. If you like a relatively modern sound, with very articulate upper mids and highs, the UL's are the bomb.

Edit: Regarding the weight... the old slant/diagonal T-210 is one of the heaviest 210's I've ever owned.... the 210Ul is by far the lightest. The difference in weight is huge.... just guessing, maybe 60 pounds for the T-210 versus maybe 38 for the 210UL.... the 210UL is a deeper box than the T-210 and puts out more of everything IMO.... however, the 310UL is just a little bigger than the 210UL and only slightly heavier and reall puts out the wump for its size.