Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SCT1422, Apr 20, 2001.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Anybody have any gig experience with these cabs.. I'm thinking of a 2x10+1x15 combination.. I currently use 2 Bag End D10BX-Ds.. I tried a Epifani 2x10 side by side with a Bag End 2x10 and the epifani seemed punchier, but the Bag End was more open.. I play all styles of music and need something versatile... Any opinions????

2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    STEVEN, I WOULD TRY THE BERGANTINO'S BEFORE YOU PLUNK DOWN THE CASH FOR THE EPIFANI'S! EPIFANI USES A CRAPPY TWEETER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! THE BERGANTINO USES A SCARY SMOOTH COMPRESSION DRIVER LIKE A HIGH END P.A. CAB!

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Easy on the caps, GibsonGeek... bad netiquette, y'know? :)

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    SORRY FOR THE YELLING OYSTERMAN! IT'S HARD BEING A COMPUTER ILLITERATE. IF I DON'T HAVE THE "CAPS LOCK" ON I'LL FORGET!

5. Hey Steven,

I am considering purchasing 2 of the Bag End D10BX-Ds for a new rig using the EBS Fafner to drive them.

How is your experience with these speakers?

Why are you considering others?

Thanks,
    Charlie

6. BERGA..who?

Several we searches gave me nothing in the way of speakers.

Ideas?

--Charlie

7. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Hey good day.. I did try the Epifanis side by side with my Bag End.. I preferred the Bag End, it was fuller and punchier with the Epifani being maybe alittle more transparent... But it also depends on the rig your using.. I tried a different set-up and I liked the Epifani alittle better.... It's great to have so many choices, but at times it can be a bite in the ass too... I also picked up a Bag End S18E-C cab, I feel between that and the D10BX-D cab I should be able to cover everything.. I also did try the Bergantino cabs, they sound great, but I'll have to try them side by side wuth the Bag Ends....

8. Bergantino!
    These are one of the new entries in the audiophile cab sweepstakes.
    I played through a Bergantino 3x10 the other day, and it sounded good, but not as deep and round as my Eden 410XLT. And the Bergantino 3x10 box is actually bigger than either the SWR or Eden 4x10.

9. Bergantino!

Oh hell!

Now I have to look at them too.

(serious case of G.A.S.)

And I'm single so no one can stop me.

--Charlie

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Charlie...just looked on your profile, and, well...HAPPY 40th B-DAY!!!:D:D:D Go out and treat yourself!!!;)

11. Thanks RAM,

I just bought a fretted Stingray 5, ordered a fretless, I am about to order the Fafner and two Bag End cabinets.

That should qualify as treating myself.

Oh yea, I bought a nice big leather strap from the Guitar Center.

The fretted stingray just came in yesterday.
    Man are my fingers sore.
    Feels great!

I'm going to have to woodshed for a month or two then get out and look for a local band. There are lots of adds in the DC city Paper.

Have a great weekend.

--Charlie