1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epifani DIST cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Apr 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys.

Do anyone in here play the DIST cabs by Epifani? I have had and played Epifani speakers since and 2004 and really love everything about them. But also would like hear your experience with DIST series

2. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    I recently replaced the original speakers in an older UL310 with DIST speakers. The cabinet sounds great and is still super light. I didn't notice that they sounded much different than the originals, maybe others can share more. I'll be getting the horn repaired or replaced in the next week or so. I'll end up with an essentially brand new 310 cabinet

Christian Houmann likes this.
  3. I guees not many plays these cabs :)

4. I have a DIST 110 and like another poster I'm getting three new DIST 10's yo load in my series 1 ul310

5. Cool with the DIST speakers in 310 :) Will it be possible to change the ohm on these cabs?

funkybassplayer likes this.
  6. BaileyMan

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    You can, but without the DIST crossover you would have to re-wire the dual coils on each driver. I'm not sure if you can buy the DIST crossover from Epifani and drop it in. Call them up, they'll get back to you. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, but Nick Epifani often is the one to return calls. He's very helpful. He recommended that I just buy a new voice coil for my blown tweeter when he could have sold me a whole new horn for more money.

7. He's right.. sometimes takes a lil bit but Nick is the one that I usually end up talking with!

Not sure I'd the switching impedance would work with the three driver setup but it could. Was told that with the dual coil drivers that they're able to handle higher powers more efficiently. Looking forward to hearing the difference between the original series 1 drivers and the new DIST 10's!

Now if I could find a footswitch for my UL502 then I'd be set! Lol

8. BaileyMan

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    My guess is that if you have the DIST crossover, the impedance switching would work, switching from 5.3 to 2.7 ohms. Don't take my word for it though... it's just an educated guess.

Regardless, those speakers are what they use in their top of the line cabinets and they do sound good!

9. Yeah with the DIST crossover I see no reason it wouldn't work like the other DIST configuration. Hell.. if I had an amp that was 2ohm rated I'd be down to try it! Lol

10. These arrived today!! 20180409_225649.

11. Ernierocco

Ernierocco

Jun 11, 2013
    I’ve been playing Epifani dist cabs for about 6 years. First one was a 112 paired with a Piccolo 600. Absolutely loved that rig. Great feedback from my band mates too. Currently using Nicks new vertical dist 210 with a ul501 with a chip, giving this amp 1000 Watts. I couldn’t be more pleased with the sound. And I just got a Piccolo 333, and using that with a dist 110. Super happy with this set up. I play in a jazz trio, no drummer, small venues. And another band with 6 singers. I just love the Epifani sound, reliability, and the dist option, and the light weight.

12. Hell yeah! I dig the hell out of my DIST110. Gonna be using it at my second gig of the weekend

13. 20180413_194945.

Christian Houmann and BaileyMan like this.
  14. Just got this rig and it sounds amazing! And I love the color :)

Attached Files:

funkybassplayer likes this.
  15. Yup that is sweet!!!! I've got a DIST110 in that red color. It always gets comments. And the 110 really does fill a decent sized room pretty well.
    A7FC6D63-D6CF-49DF-A6D3-FC49384E1D90.

16. The 1x12UL mixed with the DIST 210 sounds really cool too. Wonder if the DIST 12 will stack well with the DIST 210?

Attached Files:

17. Ernierocco

Ernierocco

Jun 11, 2013
    Probably will. You can run the set up by Nick Epifani. He’s always helpful.

18. duderus

duderus Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I’m looking into the 999 with the DIST 212. Is that what you have for the cab? How is the 555 and experience with it versus the 999 (if you have any).

19. I have the DIST 210. Not sure Epifani have made a DIST 2x12. I have only played the 555 1000 watt version and it’s a killer amp