1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani "Freedom" NAMM/TalkBass special - YOU MUST READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wintremute, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    TalkBassers, I am generally against threads with titles like "you must read this". However, I think it is warranted in this situation.

TL;DR = Nick at Epfiany is offering 20% off the $299 Freedom onboard preamp just for TalkBass members!

I went to the EPIFANY booth to check out the Freedom onboard preamp. Nick was VERY generous with his time, explaining the details of the preamp, and really how simple and elegant it is.

There's 3 types of this preamp, The Standard, the Plus, and the plus Fender. They're all prewired and ready to go. Very clean.

So, after showing me the different preamps, he then showed me their amps and combo amps. Then, he said that if TalkBass members contact them, and say they read about this on TalkBass, he will give them 20% off. If you need to, just direct them to this thread.

So, even if you're not interested in purchasing this, we have to give props to Nick for offering us this discount.

fsWHaYb.

wMgYgZo.

er9NmEm.

2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I don't really care for Epifany as I don't use amps, but I fell for the title. It's great what they've agreed to do for TB users (not just members), though I can't help but feel a bit defrauded that this wasn't a thread about a new preamp pedal they were releasing :unsure:

:p

dinoadventures likes this.
  3. Madhouse27

Madhouse27

Sep 19, 2016
    Thanks for the generous offer Nick. Couldn't be happier with my Epifani cabinets. Some of the best gear in the business!

DiabolusInMusic and TinIndian like this.
  4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Moved to pickups & electronics and fixed spelling of Epifani in title for searches.

edit: I'm not in the market, but curious about the specifications, like frequency centers, bandwidth, and boost/cut amount for bass and treble. I wish him success with this.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    wintremute and Petebass like this.
  5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    This. Im a bit fussy about frequency centres in particular.

6. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Thank you for that. I was tired when I put this up, and realized later that I was in the wrong forum, and someone else had me second-guessing how to spell their name.

Overall, Nick was a great guy to speak with, and I hope that someone takes him up on this offer and let's us know the value.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

That is pretty awesome. I don't really use on-board pre-amps so I won't be getting one but I wish Epifani the best. I love my UL2-310. I remember ordering a cover for it years ago and actually getting on the phone with Nick (this is when I learned I pronounced the company name wrong). At the time they were just getting their amps out and Nick spend some time explaining them to me. Super friendly guy, definitely left a positive impression on me.

8. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hmm, not sure how I missed this! I've been trying to look into the Epifani Freedom onboard pre for a while now but there is very little information out there on the web. So much so that I emailed/called Epifani to talk to them about it!

Here's what Epifani sent me. Looks the same as what @wintremute described above.

Attached Files:

wintremute likes this.