Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani, GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeBass, Feb 13, 2006.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Ordered my cabs (a pair of UL 112)about 3 weeks ago, just found out on Friday that the speakers are still back ordered another 2 weeks.

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bummer. Has anyone heard who the new supplier is, and if the tone of the cabs will change significantly? I assume they will be using the new Eminence line of Neo's, which I've heard are very nice (and a lot less expensive than the B&C they are currently using). However, I'm only guessing (even the speaker supplier change is second hand info, so I hope someone can post who knows the story).

3. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I was in the shop last week and according to Nick he wasn't planning on using the new Delta II's. I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor about him changing suppliers...

4. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Mike, I got to hear a bunch of instruments through my Clarus SL/Epi UL110+UL112 rig over the weekend. That rig just sounds so smooth and punchy. I think your new setup will kill. Enjoy.

5. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    What ...Epifani could change their speakers ???
    Is it a rumour or something real ?

Sheers

6. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    I don't know if it's true or not.
    Ken (Kjung) seems to have som inside info about it.

I just want me stinkin' cabs!!

7. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Patience Mike, the delay is not on Nick's end, he's frustrated too. Nick has been backlogged on getting his spkr's from his supplier for some time now. :meh:

8. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    True - the delay is definitely not because of Nick. He's got a slew of empty boxes on his hands just waiting for drivers.:(

9. Sorry if I caused some confusion here. It was my understanding from a relatively good source that Nick was no longer going to use the B&C drivers starting in 2006. The backorder of the UL products, from my understanding, is due to the new drivers being delayed.

This was totally secondary info on my part, so if it is not accurate, my bad.

10. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Hey Ken, no bad. :smug:

11. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

I know it's not on Epifani's end, I was told the hold up was the speakers not being available.

Just was hoping to have them for a series of gigs the next week or so.

GRRR!!!!!;)

12. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Interesting.. I thought that the Delta IIs were supposed to be really nice drivers, I wonder why he's not using them.

13. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    I just luuuvvv mine. I hope you feel the same. Let us know how they work for you...

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I can get you two T-112's, or two UL110's, or any combination thereof, if it would help.

Tom.

15. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

Thanks Tom , but I still have my LDS UL212 and my little Eden combo/stack (CXC110 cabs). So I'm OK.

16. All I can add is that I ordered a UL 502 and a UL310 in late August. Got the 502 right away but the cab took about 8 weeks to get. All I heard was "it's the supplier."

Hope you don't wait that long.

17. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wow Tom, that's way cool of you to offer.:)

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    +1

havent really heard that either.

before the current backlog, when i was shopping for Epi cabs, nick & co. put together a UL310, 410 and a pair of 210's for me in less than a few minutes.

R&D, however, is a whole other story. ;)

19. BassDemon

BassDemon

May 18, 2004
    I gave up waiting on a pair of Genz Benz 2x12 cabs after 6 months.

Not GBs fault, the local supplier is hopeless.

I understood their would be a wait but I got mad when I was told they were in the country and then two weeks later I was told they were in Australia.

I urgently needed a cab so I went and got a Mesa 4x12.

Not as portable but it sounds killer !

I don't think the GB cabs have turned up yet......

20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Cool! I wasn't sure if you had either sold something to pay for the Epi's or if you needed the Epifani sound for a particular gig or reason. :smug:

Tom.