Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani head/pre

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Jan 4, 2005.

1. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Has anyone played one yet? What did you think and most important, can you use the 502 head as a preamp only? Im looking at the pre but for a few $$ more I can get the head but most of the time I would have to use it as a pre.

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    The basstasters Quest shipped today - soon it will be on the site!

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i tried one. it's nice. hi fi and warm at the same time. to be honest, it didn't knock my socks off. It's right up there with the aggie 500 and eden 550. But it (to me) wasn't a "wow this is incredible" experience. Then again, there are so many great heads out there now that i'm probably desensitized. It seems like a great head.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The truth is, there's just so many good options out there. With that being said, I'm looking forward to trying this one out myself. I'm glad to see another small, light two channel head out there. I'd be more impressed if the price wasn't $1700 for a 600 watt amp though. (Actually, I did buy a 440 watt amp for that price so I guess you can scratch that comment....................)